New to BA, looking to hang out

I"ll be out of town, so I can't make it, but just to let you know, Opera bay has moved, to a new spot near crobar, or at least that's what I hear.

"rob1252" said:
I"ll be out of town, so I can't make it, but just to let you know, Opera bay has moved, to a new spot near crobar, or at least that's what I hear.
I heard about that and I think they said it was only on Wednesday's??? can anyone confirm this? Also if thats the case then the cover charge is 20 pesos.

Hello, I was a little late to this thread, but I like many of you am a poor Spanish speaker/expat looking to hang out. Particularly, I find myself going to BA Herald recommended music shows if anyone wants to come. Perhaps something similar to Opera Bay (if it happened this weekend) could become a regular thing? At any rate, if people are interested, I can post the next show I am going to and we can all hang out.Max (22-New York City for the record)

Hi everybody,
I also like the idea of going to Opera Bay on the weekend. After we clarified where it actually is now, maybe someone can suggest a good time to meet.
Rgds
Oliver

the "time" is a hard one to nail down. I would say 10:00 is too early... probably 11:00 would be good for all. Whats everyone's opinion on that?? Ok also one more thing we need to establish where we are going for sure because if opera bay doesn't work we need a backup.

Well, this seems to look like it's becoming a long web. It seems it might be best for similar aged groups to hang out, as I'm sensing there is some varied age ranges that are represented. I'm 28, and wouldn't mind hanging out with those 23 - 35. As far as Opera Bay is concerned, I do believe it's still in the Opera Bay building (the one that looks like a flattened version of the Sydney Opera house in Puerto Madero... and hence the name).

"kat" said:
Well, this seems to look like it's becoming a long web. It seems it might be best for similar aged groups to hang out, as I'm sensing there is some varied age ranges that are represented. I'm 28, and wouldn't mind hanging out with those 23 - 35. As far as Opera Bay is concerned, I do believe it's still in the Opera Bay building (the one that looks like a flattened version of the Sydney Opera house in Puerto Madero... and hence the name).
I see what your getting at with the age groups, but I think if we all went then theres more people to hang out with. Also discriminating against the younger people who want to go isn't cool and just because someones there doesn't mean you have to hang out with them. Just a thought.(I'm not trying to start any issues just pointing out some things no biggie)

I am also interested if I don´t have other plans
Granadaiscool @ hotmail . com and 27 and from The Netherlands

Wow, what an awesome response!! I hadn't logged on in a few days and am so happy so many people want to get together! Puerto Madera sounds like a lot of fun on Saturday, or anything else. My email is [email protected] ... keep me posted =)!

Hey --
Just so you all know, Opera Bay no longer exists -- the "opera house" is going to be torn down and turned into condos or something (there's always new rumours as to what they are going to do to the site).
The club is now "Opera Town" and is on Alsina y 9 de Julio. I haven't been to the new location -- don't know that it would be ideal for trying to meet a group of people.

Back