New Years Eve In Argentina

Cmon RedBeanz these ménage-a-trois threads are hilarious..like logging onto Match.com by mistake! And let's face it we ALL know how this soap opera will end...well maybe all except the 2 horny guys in question!!! :D

Just to sweeten the pot, I know of a place run by a foreign couple (origin left unspecified), which has closed, as they are giving up the business to return to their homeland. It was a swinger's club. I just happen to know some guys who were looking at converting this place into a club but passed on the deal for reasons that had nothing to do with the place itself. I have some numbers in my head, rough at the moment, which could represent a reasonably accurate cost to turn this huge place (at least 450 sq mtrs, 3 floors maybe even roof access) into a love motel. There's a superb chance the lease is still available and the decor would fit in with a love motel, we'd just have to add some rooms where there are no rooms. Has a bar, all kinds of things that could make this a first-rate, high-class, money making sex cave.

I think that's worth serious consideration for inclusion.

Hi El Queso,

I have been to this place once in Palermo. Did not like it. Met the owner..(the guy likes 'body building'). he showed us the whole place.

They were running it highly over-priced. Perhaps thats why it flopped.

The place is big but their was lack of privacy inside - perhhaps because it was meant to be a swinger's club. The whole place will have to be broken down, rooms constructed and turned into love motel. Too much work.

I don't think one needs a bar in a 'love motel'. As couples coming and going out, need/want and like privacy and are certainly not looking to do 'swinging' there or share drinks with strangers.

Hi El Queso,

I have been to this place once in Palermo. Did not like it. Met the owner..(the guy likes 'body building'). he showed us the whole place.

They were running it highly over-priced. Perhaps thats why it flopped.

The place is big but their was lack of privacy inside - perhhaps because it was meant to be a swinger's club. The whole place will have to be broken down, rooms constructed and turned into love motel. Too much work.

I don't think one needs a bar in a 'love motel'. As couples coming and going out, need/want and like privacy and are certainly not looking to do 'swinging' there or share drinks with strangers.
Bar not needed in love Hotel could be right. But if running as a bordello ammended, then the Bar is essential. But since the venture is for quick in and out to provide the "meeting and saciating their needs" place to dames and gents a bar not be needed.

Truth be told I've never been there, I got my information from those who were negotiating with the owners for the possibility and they were looking to take everything out anyway and turn it into a big bar. But even if you find a place that was once a hotel, you'll have to strip out what's there and replace the decor, floors, repaint, etc, anyway. With a different kind of construction than brick walls (if you were to rip out what's there), something like wallboard and metal or wood studs and sound-proofing insulation inside, the rooms probably wouldn't be that big of a problem. There is also the issues with amenities like tubs or showers in the rooms, etc.

But as far as a bar - I don't know which floor it was located on, but imagine the business you'd have with a group of young folk getting drunk downstairs, hooking up and renting a room for an hour or so, and coming back down to spend more money on beer. During the day people can meet to have a drink, break the ice, and move on upstairs.

Truth is, it seems to me the best money-making business here (as I've seen it properly done by a couple of expats) is to provide cheap beer, and lots of it.

I think the big problem with the swinger's club was that it was a swinger's club, probably not done correctly from what I've heard, and as you say, Ceviche, they were probably charging way too much.

BTW - you can see the dancing cage with the bar that was there, relocated to the Alamo Palermo...the young sex- and alcohol-crazed of Argentinas love to take it for a spin :)

Back