Newbie Looking For Tips

hedboy

Registered
Hi all,

I'll move to Buenos Aires later this year (from Amsterdam by the way), and I'm looking for tips as for house rents.

Thank you :)

Well, Í'm flying to Buenos aires in a 3 weeks time, and the housing thing is my biggest concern. I tought it would be very cheap, but im finding it difficult as I dont have that "garantia" thing. My solution was rent a studio for a short period of time, while i look for a more permanent thing, as well as roomates to share a place with. I think finding a place to live over there is not that difficult, what i found difficult was fair prices. But hey, thats just my opinion, maybe im just too poor for BA. :p

Well, there is a site called zonaprop dot com that has helped me a lot with the searching thing. You gotta for for the "alquiler temporal" as you will need the "garantia thing again' to be able to rent like the locals do (and pay what they pay)

another site that i tought was really helpfull was the spare room (or something like that) where you can rent a room in a house. some of the them look really nice actually. Well, there are plenty people renting out and loads of places avaiable, specially if you are willing to pay in dollars. Well, good look with your search thing.

cheers from Brazil.

Thanks Dan!

Do you know stuff about getting the working visa? I mean, from here in Europe it's a real hassle, and lots of people advise to get it there, being much easier.
Is this true?

Another big site appart from zonaprop is argenprop, pretty similar and very big too. Then you have craiglist and soloduenos.com, soloterrazas, etc, those are smaller but usefull too.

Back