Newly Married Dni Question

Azagarth

Registered
So I had a temporary dni back in 2011, now I am in Argentina on a tourist visa and I got married. I need to apply for my permanent resident dni soon and was wondering if anyone has gone through this recently. Do I just need to go into Immigrations and show them my marriage a papers and that's it? We got married here in capital Federal. Or will I need to provide all the documents like birth certificate, etc, that I had to use back in 2011 for my temp dni?

Second and more important question. I plan to be starting the visa paperwork for my wife this month. I am worried that if I finalize the papers to be a permanent resident here in Argentina that it may screw up her paperwork or make it take longer. Is this correct or am I worried about nothing? I will be living here with her until the visa comes through, so about a year. It would be nice to have a dni for work, but it's not a huge issues either to be working.

Last question. Right now I come into arg on a tourist visa and at the airport they just wave me through. If I change to being a permanent resident will they start checking my luggage like the locals?

Last question. Right now I come into arg on a tourist visa and at the airport they just wave me through. If I change to being a permanent resident will they start checking my luggage like the locals?

no.

Doubtful that expired temp DNI will change much for you. Will probably need to apply for permanent residency. For this you need marriage certificate, spouse's original DNI, copies of both of the above, plus: (quoting my recent post on another thread):

• You will need:
    • your birth certificate (assuming you were born in the US)
    • a background check from the FBI, and the police of any other country where you spent time (6 months or over?)
    • and your marriage certificate.
  • All of the above must bear an apostille stamp (or if from a country like Canada with no apostille, must to check with local Arg. consulate re requirements to legalize the documents).
  • All of the above documents - plus your passport - must be translated to Spanish by a traductor publico, and the translation must be legalized by the Colegio de Traductores Publicos de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires.
  • Photocopies of everything, including all pages of your passport (blank ones as well).
  • Some amount (3?) of photos, don't remember measurements now.
All of that is taken to the immigration office in Retiro, you are given a paper granting provisional residency on the spot, and your DNI comes in the mail a short while later.

And yes, if they actually look into your passport and see your entry stamp with your DNI # written in, they will give you the treatment. Happened to me recently when I spent too much time in luggage area and came to customs after the big lines had cleared.

Back