News In The Usa Is Argentina Might Default Again

Where is this headline?

The best I can come up with, and it is not like anything we did not already know:

"Investors are bracing for the possibility of another default. The country’s average dollar bond yield of 12.4 percent is the highest among major developing nations after Venezuela. Trading in swap contracts that insure bonds shows investors see a 79 percent probability of a halt in payments over the next five years, a reflection in part of concern that Singer’s demand of full repayment on the securities he kept from the 2001 default will disrupt debt servicing."

There is 30 billion left more or less, why might be there a default?

nothing to do with reserves if they don't pay the current debt, can become a welfare state ...... so many funds so little time,

Again, why they would t pay?
As far as i read in the newspapers today, they want to pay even more: club de París.

I think that they want to do an "devaluación administrada", in stallments by oposition to a Rodrigazo (Google it: a huge devaluación overnight by decree).

According to Matias, it is much better than 2002, which means that it is near nirvana.
It is much better than 2001-2002, albeit very far from Nirvana.

If you didn't experience Argentina 12 years ago, you ain't seen nothing yet, unless you have visited Shit City in Mumbai.

I remember those ex-middle-class people looking like concentration camp prisoners, and the fights over the trash bins and sacks outside the restaurants and much more, I don't want to recall.

For about 5 years I have been hearing that the economy is going to crash in Argentina. . . I think there are more wishes for it to crash than actual reasons. It would be great if people could think of positive solutions and alternative economies rather than wishing for things to get worse.
For an economy in the tank, it is very hard to get a spot in my favorite sushi place!

Even in early 2002, restaurants in Palermo were packed.

... Mass unemployment, rioting, violent crimes will return as in past crises.
Great career opportunity! I have always wanted to be a highwayman.

450px-Asalto_al_coche.jpg
Da man at work!

Back