Nice, Evidence Of The Brives Received By Nisman Were Found

Never questioned the warrants being rescinded. Something "rotten in Denmark" with the MOU. Whatever...
http://veja.abril.co...iada-por-nisman

But you implied that the government covered up Iran's alleged involvement in the AMIA bombings. What is your evidence for this claim? (Nisman's entire criminal complaint is based on the accusation that the government was trying to take down the Red Notices.)

VEJA? Really? Veja also reported, according to more of its anonymous sources, that Garré and Máximo Kirchner have accounts abroad. The claims were false. All hear say based on "anonymous sources."

But you implied that the government covered up Iran's alleged involvement in the AMIA bombings. What is your evidence for this claim? (Nisman's entire criminal complaint is based on the accusation that the government was trying to take down the Red Notices.)

VEJA? Really? Veja also reported, according to more of its anonymous sources, that Garré and Máximo Kirchner have accounts abroad. The claims were false. All hear say based on "anonymous sources."

The multiple accusations the government recieve in this forum are based 99% of them on Clarin.
I wish I could defend this government, but, 1) I dont fully believe them, and 2) I dont read either Pagina 12 or Tiempo (although I found them more belieavable).
So I do not defend them, just laugh of these accusations.

Even if they weren't covering up, the issue is not the accuracy of Nisman's report but the government's perception of it.

The perception? It quickly denied it, and showed evidence to support its claims. They did nothing to prevent Nisman from going to Congress. They also planned on being present, and insisted that the hearing be public. Upon his death, they immediately unsealed the criminal complaint and published it publicly. The gave intelligence agents (e.g. Stiuso) the freedom (legally) to speak publicly and say everything that they knew. At the end of the day, the case was rejected by several judges, even by one who charged Boudou for corruption.

Nisman was not very good at his job, and must have been quite distracted, to say the least. Even the US Embassy in Buenos Aires thought so, stating that with their help, Nisman's application for the Red Notices was "much improved." Facts are facts.

At least one of the government's mistakes was allowing him to stay in this role as long as he did.

Indeed. There was a dead body and at least prima facie evidence of a coverup.

We'd agree, but nothing points to the government being involved. Nisman was more valuable alive because rather than focusing on the accusations of the criminal complaint -- which again have no merit -- now everyone just assumes that they are true because he died under mysterious circumstances.

Which makes me wonder, where in the world is Jaime Stiuso these days?

The multiple accusations the government recieve in this forum are based 99% of them on Clarin.
I wish I could defend this government, but, 1) I dont fully believe them, and 2) I dont read either Pagina 12 or Tiempo (although I found them more belieavable).
So I do not defend them, just laugh of these accusations.

You shouldn't trust any media source anywhere, first of all. For example, the ultrakirchnerite media's flip from Randazzo to Scioli has been remarkable, to say the least.

In Argentina, Clarín and La Nación set the agenda. The government media and smaller outlets will never be able to do this. Given that Clarín and La Nación are ostensibly opposed to the government (now), clearly this means that the coverage is negative, and in some cases it is outright manipulative. As a result, the government media is in a constant state of defense.

So, when you say they are mostly more believable than Clarín or La Nación, it's because it's true. Government publications and media ("678" is the perfect example!) spend their time responding to Clarín and La Nación. If government outlets don't, then everyone sees that as implied validation of Clarín and La Nación's reporting.

As believable as your other sources that stated Argentina will win the world cup because it's rigged? :D

yes, you re going to continue on that on EVERY post I make and EVERY time we have a discussion?

You shouldn't trust any media source anywhere, first of all. For example, the ultrakirchnerite media's flip from Randazzo to Scioli has been remarkable, to say the least.

In Argentina, Clarín and La Nación set the agenda. The government media and smaller outlets will never be able to do this. Given that Clarín and La Nación are ostensibly opposed to the government (now), clearly this means that the coverage is negative, and in some cases it is outright manipulative. As a result, the government media is in a constant state of defense.

So, when you say they are mostly more believable than Clarín or La Nación, it's because it's true. Government publications and media ("678" is the perfect example!) spend their time responding to Clarín and La Nación. If government outlets don't, then everyone sees that as implied validation of Clarín and La Nación's reporting.

Excellent, official press is defensive, that it is. Theres this idea that the government has more power that this two giants, that Grupo Clarin is just a newspaper. Very common to find this opinion in this forum.

Back