No commercial flights until September 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is only speculation. No one knows what will happen in 2 months or 6 months or until Christmas. Not even the government.

Well the government just said airports are closed until September. So we know that much.

Well the government just said airports are closed until September. So we know that much.

Yes. Agreed. But that could change to September 2021 or it could be eased in 2 months (highly unlikely). No one knows. Every possibility is on the table.

Interesting. I have a ticket from the US to EZE for August; the airline says it is still scheduled to fly (as of five minutes ago). Was this announcement just regarding the sale of new tickets, or is the airport going to be shut down for incoming flights? (I am expecting that they will be allowing non-citizens by then, but that may be wishful thinking)...

Interesting. I have a ticket from the US to EZE for August; the airline says it is still scheduled to fly (as of five minutes ago). Was this announcement just regarding the sale of new tickets, or is the airport going to be shut down for incoming flights? (I am expecting that they will be allowing non-citizens by then, but that may be wishful thinking)...

Be in touch with you local embassy. Almost all embassies will be aware of the options remaining to fly back home.

I am not so sure???

I have a ticket (Purchased in January.) for a December flight to EZE. And although the airline regards the flight as on schedule, the flight is likley to be canceled last minute. Airlines do this stuff last minute, because they are required to make prompt refunds for canceled flights.

At this point in time I am hoping for the best, but expecting something much less. Just keep watching the news I guess ...

Is there any way I could possibly escape to Uruguay or Brazil by boat or road, I am trapped here....

Is there any way I could possibly escape to Uruguay or Brazil by boat or road, I am trapped here....

You can still leave by land, but you just can’t come back. Currently neither Uruguay or Brazil are admitting non-residents. Brazil also closed all land borders.. so you would be stuck on a bridge.
GRU airport (busiest in Latin America) is down to a handful of international flights that are becoming less each day due to repatriation flights drying up. Foreigners can transit there but must stay airside.

As someone who works in this industry, can only advise you to be prepared to be stuck for many months if you can’t get on a repatriation flight. Government here (and in many countries) has been explicit that borders will be the last thing to open.

PS airlines have been deliberately selling all throughout this crisis with no clear intention to fly. They need cash to work with now. Better to take your money now, use it for 10 weeks, then refund it or lock you in for future travel rather than wait and see. Would not be surprised if the only winner out of this is AR - already EPA will close permanently so this is just another nail in the coffin for JetSmart and FlyBondi.

I wonder if there will still be flights to return US citizens back home. I think last one was eze-mia on April 25th...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back