No commercial flights until September 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.
With virtually zero tourism you should be in a good position to re negotiate your Airbnb
very true, my airbnb landlord has told me that the rest of the properties he manages are empty and I was able to negotiate a better price in the end... but 6 months... it's a bit too much , isn't it?

It doesn't seem feasible, keeping all ports of entry closed and the whole country locked.

Something will have to give.

The ports being closed is illogical . So many products that are needed by all of us be it medicines , auto parts , electrical items , and foods need to be imported as Argentina cannot supply all for their population .

There is no mention of banning flights until september as per the IATA document that was updated yesterday . Sometimes news outlets do not report accurately. https://www.iata.org/en/programs/safety/health/diseases/government-measures-related-to-coronavirus/ (check Argentina that was updated yesterday) , I still have hope that I can leave at least mid summer or earlier. Not sure if I will be able to afford airbnb accommodation for 6 months ...
26 April 2020....10:10

No commercial flights until September
....As anticipated by the general administrator of the ANAC (National Administration of Civil Aviation), Paola Tamburelli, there would be no commercial flights within Argentina and abroad before September 2020. This is related to some rumors that Aerolineas Argentinas would implement inter-province transfers to return home from May 15 and because some companies had started selling tickets. According to a resolution to be published in the Official Gazette, it is established that "airlines that operate passenger air transport services from, to or within the national territory may reschedule their regular operations or request authorizations for non-regular operations from 1 ° September 2020 ", according to the text of the resolution....

26 April 2020....10:10

No commercial flights until September
....As anticipated by the general administrator of the ANAC (National Administration of Civil Aviation), Paola Tamburelli, there would be no commercial flights within Argentina and abroad before September 2020. This is related to some rumors that Aerolineas Argentinas would implement inter-province transfers to return home from May 15 and because some companies had started selling tickets. According to a resolution to be published in the Official Gazette, it is established that "airlines that operate passenger air transport services from, to or within the national territory may reschedule their regular operations or request authorizations for non-regular operations from 1 ° September 2020 ", according to the text of the resolution....
Question....are there any other news outlets reporting and confirming this? Hope against hope.

All this sale ban does is not permit the SALE of tickets in Argentina for trips starting before 1 September. It does not ban the actual flights per se. Even before yesterday all comercial flights had been grounded indefinitely. If you read some of the numerous articles on the topic you'd see that authorities make it clear that this policy will be re-evaluated every 2 weeks and might be reversed if things improve quicker or prolonged beyond September. They just don't want airlines to sell tickets for flights that are very unlikely to take place and then have customers cry foul when the airlines refuse a refund or worse go belly up. That's all. And obviously, it's a thinly vailed promotion of Aerolineas since they can receive unlimited state support.

Bye FlyBondi, JetSmart and possibly LATAM Argentina.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back