No commercial flights until September 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another steak knife in Argentina's economy... Its almost like they think money grows in trees and unlike other countries there is no way they are going to be allowed to make anyone redundant.
Argentines know that economy can be up and down. Every 10 years we have a crisis. They are not afraid about that, they fear death.

I am a UK permanent resident , but not yet a citizen. Not sure if I qualify for this. It's a nice gesture though, hmmm £800 for a single ticket sounds like a bit too much for me , no thanks. I guess I will stay here and spend that money in rent
I should be interested to read a comment on that price from a professional but in my non-industry opinion at that price the British taxpayer will be subsidising those seats. That is not far off one way short notice regular fares I had seen on the British Airways website before all this started.

Again, only my opinion but any Brit who has not got a workable long term strategy for remaining here ought to look into the offer and act promptly. Just my 2 New Pence.

I should be interested to read a comment on that price from a professional but in my non-industry opinion at that price the British taxpayer will be subsidising those seats. That is not far off one way short notice regular fares I had seen on the British Airways website before all this started.

Again, only my opinion but any Brit who has not got a workable long term strategy for remaining here ought to look into the offer and act promptly. Just my 2 New Pence.

The eastern airlines flight to Miami tomorrow was selling for 1,600 usd one-way a few days ago.

I thought your humble 2 pence was that it was best not to plan ahead unless one has all the information:

"To think ahead you need new data" (Thread "Overstaying in Argentina due to COVID19", April 17).

I thought your humble 2 pence was that it was best not to plan ahead unless one has all the information:

"To think ahead you need new data" (Thread "Overstaying in Argentina due to COVID19", April 17).
Different subject
Recent developments
Where did that "all" come from?

There is no such thing as survival let alone profit when you have to cover 50% of your costs, have zero revenue for almost 6 months or more, zero government bailout or loan, and zero possibility to legally fire staff or suspend staff without pay in the meantime. An airline doesn’t cost the same as a kiosko to operate nor do they and their many service providers employ the same amount of people.

Oh well, it’s why we pay millions of dollars each day to have AR ... and US$400 just to fly to Salta like back in the good old pre-LCC days of “minimum fares”.

Good, let the airlines fail, once flights resume new airlines will take their place. Any 'bailouts' for them should instead go directly to their employees.

There is no such thing as survival let alone profit when you have to cover 50% of your costs, have zero revenue for almost 6 months or more, zero government bailout or loan, and zero possibility to legally fire staff or suspend staff without pay in the meantime. An airline doesn’t cost the same as a kiosko to operate nor do they and their many service providers employ the same amount of people.

Oh well, it’s why we pay millions of dollars each day to have AR ... and US$400 just to fly to Salta like back in the good old pre-LCC days of “minimum fares”.
AR has become a national disgrace, a bottomless pit for subsidies, a milch cow for those who control it I've never flown it, and never will. A relative of mine was one of its founders - he must be writhing in his grave seeing what has become of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back