No Curry Paste In Barrio Chino

Commodorius

Registered
Today I scoured the usual places in Chinatown to get Thai curry paste and found none of the little vacuum sealed packs of red/green/panang I have found in the past. Anybody know anywhere else to look? All I did find was some garbage in a box marked "curry sauce mix" from China.

Wasn't looking specifically, but I don't think there was any. Just that sauce mix in a box.

Its a bit of a pain but you can make it yourself if you can't get hold of the readymade stuff. Although it does cost quite a bit to buy all the individual ingredients.

Check on the store located on Mendoza Street. It normally, carries various sizes of package. It is the biggest one in the area, I was there 10 days ago and able to get all my supply for the month.
good luck.
nik

On a similar topic I have been totally unable to find fish sauce for over a month in barrio chino.

Check on the store located on Mendoza Street. It normally, carries various sizes of package. It is the biggest one in the area, I was there 10 days ago and able to get all my supply for the month.
good luck.
nik

I am pretty sure I looked at that one. There was only two big bags of green curry paste. And yeah, no fish sauce either.

This is the only curry I can't live without, and it is damn hard to find in Argentina and damn expensive when I do find it.

01254-sb-golden-curry-mild-3-5-lg.jpg

There was definitely something that looked like that in all the shops. Not sure if it was the exact same thing. Whatever it was, it did say "curry sauce mix". Not what I'm looking for though, unfortunately.

Back