No more books or magazines

JoeGillis said:
I'm curious if this imported book restriction will be a problem when I bring books from the US in my luggage next month. I usually bring back around 15 books per trip. In the past, I've never had a problem. Any thoughts on this? At this point, I don't feel there will be a problem...but one never knows, of course.

Tough one Joe / you are looking at 12 months hard labor!!!:):):)

Sentence could be reduced to 6 months of listening to CFK'S most rousing speeches!

I would take the hard labor.....

I ordered 2 books from Amazon in January, due to arrive between mid February and the beginning of March. They never arrived.. When I contacted Amazon they said that the books were ´lost´ and issued a refund with the option to reorder with expedited shipping. I wonder if expedited shipping would be held up in customs the same way. And does anyone know where one needs to go in Ezeiza to retrieve packages??

jsw said:
does anyone know where one needs to go in Ezeiza to retrieve packages??
You go to the customs terminal, which is in a hangar about 1 km to the left of the passenger terminal. It would be very difficult without a car. With car, make the circle around the gas station and take the next right turn, through a secured gate (explain what you're up to and show your notice). Then wander/ask around until you find it - it's not marked.

Also be aware that they charge outrageous storage fees there, so make sure you show up in the first day or two after receiving the notice of arrival.

I should add that the people I dealt with there make the crew at the Correo Internacional look like angels.

Thanks Jim, I appreciate the instructions. Although I never received any sort of notice of arrival. Hmm, maybe in my case the packages really are lost..

jimdepalermo said:
You go to the customs terminal, which is in a hangar about 1 km to the left of the passenger terminal. It would be very difficult without a car. With car, make the circle around the gas station and take the next right turn, through a secured gate (explain what you're up to and show your notice). Then wander/ask around until you find it - it's not marked.

Also be aware that they charge outrageous storage fees there, so make sure you show up in the first day or two after receiving the notice of arrival.

I should add that the people I dealt with there make the crew at the Correo Internacional look like angels.

Now that's good news!
And don't we need good news, before this country goes into orbit around some yet to be named planet in some yet to be named galaxy?
Or are we already there?

Back