No more salt in BA restaurants

I switched from salt to pepper many years ago, at home. In restaurants, I have no control about the amount of salt that is used in the cooking. They're taking salt shakers off the tables. What about its use in the kitchen? "Don't worry folks, we're using twice as much salt in our cooking." I'm always amazed to see people shake tremendous amounts of salt on their food, without first tasting it to see if it even needs salt.

It might sound a bit strange at first, but I've found lemon to be an excellent substitute for salt. For example on eggs (who would have thought?!), as well as of course chicken and meats like that, spinach and other veggies, and probably a whole lot more. I used to use it a lot more but I guess I sort of forgot about it--this will be a nice reminder to start again...!

ERrrrr....
I love my salt, I know I know its not good for my blood pressure, but then again neither is my girlfriend, JUST KIDDING. I dont want to ask for the Salt Shaker at every restaurant....Ill believe it when I see it.

Is this only being considered for the Province then?

Judging from the article it looks like it doesn't apply to CABA.

PhilipDT said:
This is absurd. Congratulations Argentina on another wonderfully useful piece of legislation. I'm so glad we get to live in a country where there is absolutely nothing more important to get done.

Salt will be available by request, but only after the patrons have tasted their food.

This is hilarious. By the time you get your salt, your food is going to be cold.

RobinsonGO said:
ERrrrr....
I love my salt, I know I know its not good for my blood pressure, but then again neither is my girlfriend, JUST KIDDING...

Henny San Youngman:

Take my salt...

PLEASE!!

Yea right.. I can really see this being enforced (sarcasm). Just like the no smoking laws in bars or even smoking pot in the streets I don't see police busting into restaurants in provincia if they see salt shakers on the tables.

But I suppose this could be a clever new way for the health inspectors to get bribes from restaurant owners-- "pay me 1000 pesos or I will tell the government that you used salt!"

Back