No One Wants To Receive Money Transfers

Yes, PayPal and Nubi are in partnership, but I think Nubi adds another 'layer' of fees for PayPal users here.

PayPal works differently in different countries. But on most occasions, they don't charge anything for withdrawal to a local bank account. Nubi charges 2.9% plus some other fees I don't understand. If I withdraw $1000 USD using Nubi, I'll receive $950 USD in my bank account.

"Was this PayPal account created with your address in Argentina? I still cannot see any option other than United States in the country field when I try to link a bank account to my Argentine PayPal account. And I cannot add Argentine Peso as the currency either."

My Paypal account (the sender) is not linked to Argentina. The account of the intended recipient uses his address, which is in Argentina.

Thanks for pointing that out. The sender should check off that the money is for remittances.

This might work once or twice. Knowing Zoom and their partner More Money, if it becomes a regular thing, they might start asking for documents to prove that the transfer is non-commercial, especially if you don't have the same last names, for example.

make your life easy and get a non-argentine bank account, also Xapo is a good service if you use bitcoin

make your life easy and get a non-argentine bank account, also Xapo is a good service if you use bitcoin

Thanks for your thoughts. I have a non-argentine bank account.

My property manager just informed me that if I open an Argentine Paypal account, I could likely receive money I
send to myself, without AFIP taxing it. Then I could transfer the money to my Argentine bank account. I´m
keeping my fingers crossed that I can open an Argentine Paypal account. Yesterday when I tried, the system
didn´t seem to be working properly.

Thanks for your thoughts. I have a non-argentine bank account.

My property manager just informed me that if I open an Argentine Paypal account, I could likely receive money I
send to myself, without AFIP taxing it. Then I could transfer the money to my Argentine bank account. I´m
keeping my fingers crossed that I can open an Argentine Paypal account. Yesterday when I tried, the system
didn´t seem to be working properly.
Don't do that! If Paypal Paypal strictly forbids this. You can only have one account. If they catch it, they will close both accounts and hold any funds. Tell your property manager to pay his f*** taxes

Paypal told me yesterday to open a second account, as my bank account in Argentina
can´t be attached to my non-Argentine Paypal account. Paypal said I could only have one Paypal
account per email address. Thanks for your input Nikad.

You can also try Payoneer.

http://blog.payoneer...-with-payoneer/

That instruction is not for you, but for your property manager or workers. They need to have Payoneer accounts. You don't. You'll pay with your credit card. Once the money is in their accounts, they can withdraw it from any ATM using Payoneer debit Mastercard. They can withdraw to their bank accounts too.

Fees are high. When you pay them for the first time using your credit card, you may need to submit scanned copies of the card, proof of identity etc.

PaulBee, how are you doing? I'm only throwing in an opinion on one way to get small amounts of cash into the country.
Everything carries some risk in life as we know, and nothing comes for free. If I suggest that you consider using crypto (bitcoin) as one more option (method) for getting money into Argentina, a bit of prep is required.

1.You open an account with coinbase.com.
2. You transfer small sums of US dollars ($2000 - $3000) into it - it takes a few days to transfer.
3. Once you have dollars in your coinbase account, then you can buy bitcoin & cash it in here in Buenos Aires. You only buy at the last moment, you don't sit holding bitcoin for more than a a few minutes, usually the cost can range between 2% & 4%.

I know a place where they give you dollars or pesos right away. I'm not selling bitcoins, I use them to do my essentials when I need to. But like anything, you'll need to invest a bit of time & get acquainted with the basics of bitcoin transactions. I have an American friend who uses this method regularly, and so far it's proven to be the most reliable over time.

Back