No One Wants To Receive Money Transfers

Thanks for all your kind thoughts ! This really seems surreal to me, but I´m sure I´ll find a method
that will work for both myself and the recipient. I was able to open an Argentine Paypal account this week, but the system
wouldn´t allow me to attach my Argentine bank account ! I phoned Paypal and they said I cannot attach my
Argentine bank account to my Argentine Paypal ! So we´re getting different results here. In any case, if all else fails,
there´s always Bitcoin, ec. Thanks again for your kind help all !

I phoned Paypal and they said I cannot attach my
Argentine bank account to my Argentine Paypal ! So we´re getting different results here.

I think this still in its early stage and they are starting to link with certain banks (such as Comafi). You should try and call to know which Bank you can link your PayPal account to.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts ! This really seems surreal to me, but I´m sure I´ll find a method
that will work for both myself and the recipient. I was able to open an Argentine Paypal account this week, but the system
wouldn´t allow me to attach my Argentine bank account ! I phoned Paypal and they said I cannot attach my
Argentine bank account to my Argentine Paypal ! So we´re getting different results here. In any case, if all else fails,
there´s always Bitcoin, ec. Thanks again for your kind help all !
Unless you have a Comafi bank account , you need to do it through Nubi ( or even better, your recipient ) that way, you Paypal him and he withdraws to his bank account.

So tell us about your experience transferring money from your home county to Argentina.
What Argentine bank? Witch Branch? Did you have to hunt around for some seedy back street Arbolito?

Or is this something you goggled and just posted here without reading?

:confused: :mad:
Whoa, what an angry reply. Guess some people do respond with anger if the lack certain capacities. And yes, there is a solution although creative that I thought is obvious with this new service. Will let you ponder on that for a while since I do not feel like explaining after reading your message.

So tell us about your experience transferring money from your home county to Argentina.
What Argentine bank? Witch Branch? Did you have to hunt around for some seedy back street Arbolito?

Or is this something you goggled and just posted here without reading?

:confused: :mad:
The problem isn´t just transferring money from my home country. I don´t know how I
gave you that impression. It´s a major Argentinian bank. I don´t think it´s wise for me to say exactly
where online. My property manager informed me that my account is not set up to receive incoming
foreign transfers. I had never heard of such a thing before.

Whoa, what an angry reply. Guess some people do respond with anger if the lack certain capacities. And yes, there is a solution although creative that I thought is obvious with this new service. Will let you ponder on that for a while since I do not feel like explaining after reading your message.
The angry response suggests the poster feels it´s uncommon for bank accounts in Argentina to not allow incoming
foreign transfers. Does anyone know off hand if that is the case, please? Yes, the response was angry, but I appreciate
everyone else who has been so kind to take time as to make suggestions. I hope some others are learning from this thread too.

The angry response suggests the poster feels it´s uncommon for bank accounts in Argentina to not allow incoming
foreign transfers. Does anyone know off hand if that is the case, please? Yes, the response was angry, but I appreciate
everyone else who has been so kind to take time as to make suggestions. I hope some others are learning from this thread too.

I've never heard of it. It was very improbable for someone to wire money into Argentine banks in the past for all the known reasons (crisis, cepo, etc.) so a lot of people tend to think it's impossible or that it can't be done, and many account officers in bank branches might be ignorant of procedures thus finding excuses not to find out/learn how to do it. Other people (probably like your property manager) now finding themselves in the obligation to issue invoices, inform AFIP and pay taxes accordingly are trying to find ways to remain anonymous. If they receive any kind of deposit (local or international) into their bank account they might be exposed before AFIP if they are not registered in a tax category equivalent to their income level. This might be why your local provider is making you go through loops and hoops. The knot it tightening and soon anyone doing any kind of business will have to hold a bank account to be able to operate (resolución general (AFIP) 3990-E states that monotributo monthly payment for categories D and upwards must be paid by bank debit/credit card or electronically, and by November so will categories A, B & C)

Back