Noisy Rooftop Party - What To Do?

I generally find myself on the other side of this situation; I do like a good terrace party. Strangely enough I never have had a complaint in seven years, though two of which were spent in said zone of Palermo near to Niceto Vega and Humbolt and I reckon that my parties were the quietest on the block on any given night among the various bars, clubs and private parties -- the loudest of which was an event space for corporate parties and weddings that used to shake my living room and kitchen.

But hey-ho. I don't live in Palermo for the peace. I find a dram before bed and some ear plugs (tapones) serve perfectly fine when mixed with a little patience (not that I'm implying that OP doesn't have any).

The neighbours had an ongoing lawsuit against the event space, that used to operate sporadically through the season; without warning your walls would start vibrating at 10pm until 4am on a Sunday night, but in two years there was never any progress in reining in the sonic offenders to operate within reasonable hours and volume levels.

So rambling aside, my opinion is that if it is a private party, and it is a recurring one, then your best bet would be make direct contact with them, introduce yourself and plead reasonable hours. I myself would react to that.
Though no Porteño would ever consider 1am a sacred hour, even on a week night.

I called the police once; they came but it took forever...

i also hv many issues with noise. Got to accept it nd live the life

Sound pollution is a very serious threat. Of course savages here are not advanced enough to care. It's one of the reasons, why people are so crazy on the street and in general and also why I know I'll move soon. And it's not that everyone is loud, actually it's minority, which bully all the rest...

After many years here I am STILL amazed at how selfish and inconsiderate people can be. I am also still amazed at how unwilling people are to do anything about it - they are just totally resigned.

After many years here I am STILL amazed at how selfish and inconsiderate people can be. I am also still amazed at how unwilling people are to do anything about it - they are just totally resigned.

Its the way of life here. I`ve lived both in the centre of BA and out in the country and the attitude towards noise pollution is the same, ignore it. I`ve had neighbours in Recoleta that will have all their windows open and have music or loud talking(shouting) throughout the night at weekends. People sitting across the street on the pavement drinking and shouting and laughing in the middle of the night.
I`ve had neighbours in the country that will leave their party at 5am and beep car horns to say an extra goodbye to the people theyre leaving. There are *10* dogs in 6 houses opposite and adjacent to my house, they will often bark throughout the night, but the owners just ignore them.
I`ve been to birthday parties for 1 year olds and had sound systems kicking out 120db thumping music. Our towns plaza starting up concerts at 11pm at night going through to 2-3am without any consideration to locals. Oh and I dont think a week will go by when someone doesnt light a huge firecracker in the middle of the night in some celebration of something, little Juans first tooth falling out? , just in case someone might be trying to get some sleep. And i loose count of the number of back firing cars/motorbikes I hear.

And these arnt isolated events they are weekly. I`m actually writing this at 7am because I was woken up by a drunk? girl screaming at 6.30am. Noise is embraced here in Argentina. My only recommendation is bring lots of ear plugs to Argentina , and pain killers. You`ll need them.

I start to hate spring, people get extra noisy,like infants. I was woken by drunk male choir at 6.30 as well. I actually appreciate they have parties so long.

I can't use earplugs, less every day. Stupid question, how you hear the alarm in the morning?

Its the way of life here. I`ve lived both in the centre of BA and out in the country and the attitude towards noise pollution is the same, ignore it. I`ve had neighbours in Recoleta that will have all their windows open and have music or loud talking(shouting) throughout the night at weekends. People sitting across the street on the pavement drinking and shouting and laughing in the middle of the night.
I`ve had neighbours in the country that will leave their party at 5am and beep car horns to say an extra goodbye to the people theyre leaving. There are *10* dogs in 6 houses opposite and adjacent to my house, they will often bark throughout the night, but the owners just ignore them.
I`ve been to birthday parties for 1 year olds and had sound systems kicking out 120db thumping music. Our towns plaza starting up concerts at 11pm at night going through to 2-3am without any consideration to locals. Oh and I dont think a week will go by when someone doesnt light a huge firecracker in the middle of the night in some celebration of something, little Juans first tooth falling out? , just in case someone might be trying to get some sleep. And i loose count of the number of back firing cars/motorbikes I hear.

And these arnt isolated events they are weekly. I`m actually writing this at 7am because I was woken up by a drunk? girl screaming at 6.30am. Noise is embraced here in Argentina. My only recommendation is bring lots of ear plugs to Argentina , and pain killers. You`ll need them.

SO WHY is noise embraced here? WHAT makes Argentines so different from Europeans (at least other than Italians who can be noisy) whom they seem to admire?

Here rudeness is not only accepted, it's expected. In one week happened the following: neighbour cutter some wood on balcony up and made a mess on half of other balconies (not even a word); asado on balcony yesterday on balcony, all building got smoke everywhere for hours; dog shit in elevator, no one cleaned for hours; singing early in the morning; every day rave 2 floors above, shaking the building (after my physical approach they limit music to day hours, luckily)...

I don't even mention weird unnecessary Street noise, from motos to car alarms and shouting. And of course roof parties with loud speakers, even if I don't live in palermo.

It's too much, affect a lot of people that want and deserve some peace and can't be explained with simple "es asi"!

Here rudeness is not only accepted, it's expected. In one week happened the following: neighbour cutter some wood on balcony up and made a mess on half of other balconies (not even a word); asado on balcony yesterday on balcony, all building got smoke everywhere for hours; dog shit in elevator, no one cleaned for hours; singing early in the morning; every day rave 2 floors above, shaking the building (after my physical approach they limit music to day hours, luckily)...

I don't even mention weird unnecessary Street noise, from motos to car alarms and shouting. And of course roof parties with loud speakers, even if I don't live in palermo.

It's too much, affect a lot of people that want and deserve some peace and can't be explained with simple "es asi"!

So what is it about the people that they are so selfish? I guess you are Argentine. If you are you understand the people better. What's wrong with them?

Back