Non-Stop Exodus of Multinationals Leaving Argentina...!

Brasil y el impacto del aumento del dolar en ARG. Mucha consulta argentinos para venir a Brasil

Personally I couldnt care less about Farabella, Zara etc. I never buy anything in these stores; the few things I need I buy mostly abroad.

The problem I am seeing: who will provide jobs and work post-Covid? And I am not specifically talking about big corporations, but also Pymes/Smes. The persons who survive this crisis here (with some assets left), surely wont invest here anymore. And this is the big difference to USA/Europe. The current government admittedly herited a bad economy, and the virus did not help. But currently they are doing all they can to make it even much worse.
Historically, in Argentina, the USA, or anywhere else, small companies tend to employ the most people. The bigger firms get more publicity, and usually have more lobbying clout with government, but there are far more truck drivers or kiosko employees or waiters, than all the auto factory workers. Only something like 20,000 people in Argentina work in car manufacturing- In terms of jobs, these multinationals do not employ that many people.
Certainly, they pay taxes, and thats a big loss.

But small startups employ more people, are quicker to respond to crisis like this, and the thing the government should be focusing on supporting. Exports too- that would be a good idea.

Historically, in Argentina, the USA, or anywhere else, small companies tend to employ the most people.
Is this true? I don’t know about Argentina, but in the United States over 28% of private sector employees are in companies with over 1,000 employees, the largest amount. Around 65% of all private sector employees are in companies with at least 100 employees. While there are no hard rules on employees for startups, the number is around 50. In the U.S., just 35% of employees are in businesses with less than 100 people. Of course, not all of these businesses will be startups.

The wife and I went on a ''exercise'' walk about town today. I noted that many new shops had opened replacing the numbers of the ones that had closed.....pet food shops seem to be springing up everywhere for some reason???

The wife and I went on a ''exercise'' walk about town today. I noted that many new shops had opened replacing the numbers of the ones that had closed.....pet food shops seem to be springing up everywhere for some reason???

People are lonely? They need another friend perhaps

People are lonely? They need another friend perhaps
Dougie,

Pets, and specifically dogs (My favorite type of pet!) are therapeutic in nature. They do wonders for a person's outlook on life ... I think.

I spend an awful lot of time with the dog. I'd rather do this than some of the many other things I see most people doing.

No mater the situation, the dog gives unconditional love. They want to belong, to be part of the group (pack) and to look out for one another. The desire to belong, the pack mentality is innate.

There is a neighbor here, actually a married couple, so it is neighbors ... They are at a very advanced age. I am guessing close to 90's???

Anyway, they until recently always had a dog. It gave them a purpose to get out and be social instead of lying around the house and doing nothing. I saw nothing but good things in each direction between the three of them (as a group). I can understand why older people with dogs are known to have longer, healthier lives.

Man, the comments in this story are something else. Funny to see how the tastes vary by region. Personally, I haven't had a pizza in AR that I really loved. Never got enough, no sauce, too much cheese. Except for the local place that made Napolitan style, but it's out of business now.

I don't think sbarro will work here because the country is already saturated with pizza and trying to get an argentine to accept something different is a tall order.

Back