Non-Stop Exodus of Multinationals Leaving Argentina...!

Over the last few weeks my wife has never taken so many calls from Argentines planning to relocate to Spain.

From the article that you either did not bother to read of chose to ignore:

I personally have no issue no issues with alcohol, soft drugs, hard drugs, fried foods, fast foods, assado or whatever. Each one should be free to put whatever they wish into their bodies.

But if you are bashing Coca-Cola for being "unhealthy" while sipping your Malbec, you are a virtue signaling hypocrite.

Excessive soft-drink consumption has been proven to lead to many health issues, including diabetes and obesity. This isn't a moral position, it's reality.

If you are calling me a hipocrite for having a glass of wine with my dinner, something scientific research has proven to be healthy, then you are anti-science. And If you are equating have one or two glasses of wine with alcoholism and being a murdering drunk driver, then you are simpy unintelligent.

Meh, booze causes more problems in people’s lives than Coca Cola. As a once frequent flyer with beer, whiskey, vodka, shrooms, cannabis, acid, and yes Coca Cola, I know which is less damaging. I once drunk a liter of vodka. I paid the price by spending an evening in hospital. I once drunk a liter of Coca Cola... I struggled to get to sleep that night. I once had a bad mushroom (it happens) and I paid the price with the kind of trip that would make your nightmares look like Disneyland. I once drunk some bad Coca Cola, and I had an explosive encounter with the toilet.

That all said, I am having a chuckle at people going after a soft drink and those defending it. I mean, who cares whether I have a glass of Cola or whether you have a glass of beer, a line of coke, or a wine with dinner?

Over the last few weeks my wife has never taken so many calls from Argentines planning to relocate to Spain.
It's like I have already stated. Once those who are able to leave the country get their chance, they are fleeing Argentina.

Spain really isnt much better. Theres never enough work, much less now and a whole load of uncertainty. Argentines in Spain constantly warn fellow Argentines of the difficulties on social media, especially those with no support network in Spain, but they don't listen. Many end up in third world working conditions on farms etc, if they do manage to find work. Life in Spain is really tough at the moment and doesnt look like improving any time soon.

Spain really isnt much better. Theres never enough work, much less now and a whole load of uncertainty. Argentines in Spain constantly warn fellow Argentines of the difficulties on social media, especially those with no support network in Spain, but they don't listen. Many end up in third world working conditions on farms etc, if they do manage to find work. Life in Spain is really tough at the moment and doesnt look like improving any time soon.
I imagine it can be tough, especially without having family/friends/network over there to give a hand especially in the first few months. The reports I read about emigrants to Spain was mainly along the line "glad we made the move, but life is not always easy over there ... ".
Example1
Example2
Example3
Statistically it would be interesting to see how many emigrants to Spain over the last 20 years stayed longer than 5 years (indication that they consider life better than in Argentina) and how many came back within 5 years (indication that it didn't go well). My gut feeling says that the vast majority stays there once they made the move.
What also needs to be considered: the mid-term outlook for Argentina is much worse than in Europe.

Excessive soft-drink consumption has been proven to lead to many health issues, including diabetes and obesity. This isn't a moral position, it's reality.

If you are calling me a hipocrite for having a glass of wine with my dinner, something scientific research has proven to be healthy, then you are anti-science. And If you are equating have one or two glasses of wine with alcoholism and being a murdering drunk driver, then you are simpy unintelligent.
precisely!

the point i was making, perhaps poorly or everyone missed it, is that there is absolutely zero benefit about soda. simple as that.

that doesn't mean that wine or alcohol or sugary foods have zero downsides, of course they do. was not my point. same for dulce de leche, or ice cream. but with any of those others, you probably can still find some positives (ice cream has calcium!).

coke tastes good, and i know people enjoy it and i'm not taking away your soda drinkin' road to diabetes rights. don't worry :) but really what it does to your body is quite disgusting.

I would pick Spain over Argentina anyday of the week but you need alot of money to give you time to make vital connections and adapt (much more than people think) or a very decent support network already waiting for you or you need to be a real adaptable go getting hustler (proven, not just in your head). Once youve got a relatively secure income and a secure place to live then Spain is much better than Argentina in many senses.

Back