Not Happy Here, Easy buy a Nationality 12 Country Options

Business like What ? no flights,no ticket sales no hotels rooms, no incoming tours , no wine tours , etc....

Wine tours available and vineyards open. Don't ask me, just what I was told when asked.
There are plenty of people who live there full time, but there are full flights set for BA -> Mendoza all days of Sept, not cancelled yet.

In Puerto Madryn, Chubut, cafes, bookstores, and the shopping mall are open for business. Safe distancing enforced.

I'd give anything to be able to sit in a cafe and order a cortado con dos medialunas.....!
Well one can order from Starbucks to take out and sit across the street on the Park..!
Safe distancing..! the virus is everywhere according to Dr. Lopez will all get infected eventually

Well one can order from Starbucks to take out and sit across the street on the Park..!
Safe distancing..! the virus is everywhere according to Dr. Lopez will all get infected eventually
In my neighborhood the two big parks reopened but all their benches are blocked off to prevent persons from sitting down. Both are patrolled by municipal police officers to make sure persons tow the line. A couple of days ago I witnessed one asking a homeless person to get up from the steps leading into the park to move along. The guy appeared to be very drunk so after about 5 minutes a police car arrived and hauled him away.
Our municipal taxes at work!

Thanks, Rich, but it is not the coffee I miss. What I yearn for is to sit in a comfortable chair in a cafe, surrounded by the smell of fresh coffee and lulled by the chatter of neighboring tables. Been sitting at home alone with the dog for five solid months now and Manchita, although bright and willing, hasn't learned to speak yet.

But give us a few more months in quarantine and she'll be playing cards with me.

I don't see the value in some of these crappy passports. What am I missing?

Uh hmm, will give you some pointers ..!

When one is privileged to carry a Major country passport one is oblivious to the suffering of the citizens of countries like Iran..!

1. Places in The Caribbean are sometimes attractive for USA, UK and Canadian Passport Holders as a retirement location
  2. Citizens of India, Pakistan, Iran , Afghanistan, seek those Passports as a visa free travel entry to over 100 countries
  3. Many seek those Crappy passports for tax purposes, will not reside there
  4. Wealthy Russians for instance, choose a Malta Passport to be able to reside in Marbella, Spain..
  5. To name a few
Greece has overtaken the USA as the largest golden visa programme in the world. The USA issued 9,602 conditional green cards through its EB5 visa programme in 2018. Figures for the 11 months to November show Greece has already supassed that figure with 9,756 golden visas issued to date.

The US meanwhile is limited to 10,000 applicants through its EB5 visa each year. And with complex rules about the number of applicants from each country several countries such as China, Vietnam and India are now facing long delays.

It has been a spectacular rise for the programme in Greece. From launch just a few years ago it has become an attractive proposition for Middle Eastern buyers, being geographically close. It has also attracted high numbers of Chinese investors, who faced with waiting times of over 10 years in the USA, are now turning their attention to other worldwide options.

The Greek programme’s key attraction is of course its investment limit. At €250,000 it is half that of similar programmes in Spain and Portugal. All three remain popular due to their Schengen visa access to European countries although Portugal remains the preferred option for those investors looking to eventually gain European Citizenship

Last edited:
From launch just a few years ago it has become an attractive proposition for Middle Eastern buyers, being geographically close. It has also attracted high numbers of Chinese investors, who faced with waiting times of over 10 years in the USA, are now turning their attention to other worldwide options.

I'm probably one of the few people who don't view this as a good thing. One the reason journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia was murdered was because she was investigating the corruption that's been driving the program: Malta's 'golden passports': Why do the super-rich want them?

There is growing scrutiny of its so-called "golden passports" scheme, which has been described by an EU Parliament delegation as risking "importing criminals and money laundering into the whole EU".

I'm probably one of the few people who don't view this as a good thing. One the reason journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia was murdered was because she was investigating the corruption that's been driving the program: Malta's 'golden passports': Why do the super-rich want them?

There is growing scrutiny of its so-called "golden passports" scheme, which has been described by an EU Parliament delegation as risking "importing criminals and money laundering into the whole EU".

Very interesting data .. Middle Easterners , from Lebanon, Irak and Palestine should apply soon before the EU Parliament takes some restrictive measures. EU Citizenship for a mere $ 1 million? investment in a property to use or rent, seems like a bargain..!
However the total number of Golden Passports was ONLY 800 in 2017-2018..

Another great advantage send their children to EU Colleges as a EU Citizen... WOW

Last edited:
Well, some of us opted to go back... not a moment too soon.

Comparing our COVID experience up here and what would have likely been our situation in Argentina, I can only say that we dodged a bullet.

Getting permanent residence for my better half just got a hell of a lot more complicated, we literally squeaked through just in time.

Hmmm- I know at least 5 people personally in the USA who have died from Covid, and a few others who have gotten it and survived. None of my friends in BA have gotten sick. The death toll in all of argentina (40 million people) is only a bit over double the death toll in my state of Washington (7 million people) - which means the per capita rates are much better in Argentina.
I would say argentina has come out far better than the US, which is seeing more deaths every week than the sum total in Argentina. And its getting worse up here- people are starting to ignore mask and social distance rules, and the case loads are going up, just as you would expect. I have no doubt the USA will hit a quarter million deaths by the end of the year.
My argentine friends grumble, but follow the rules, and case counts are, per capita, quite low- about 1/5 of Chile, for example.

Assuming you are here in Argentina with income/savings in dollars I seriously doubt you would be able to match the quality of life you get here (considering the cost of living) in any country on that list, or indeed in most countries in the world. It sounds bad to say this, but especially with the current economic situation and the dolar blue at 130, I'm pretty certain that there isn't a single place in the world where you can get more bang for your buck. Tell me somewhere where I can get good quality meat for less than 5 dollars a kilo, rent a nice studio in a good neighbourhood for $300 or take an uber ride for $1-2, and I'll move there tomorrow. Sure, there's problems here like violent crimes, mugging etc. but the same goes on in any major city.

Is Malta locked down like Argentina? Is the crime rate high like BA's?

Hmmm- I know at least 5 people personally in the USA who have died from Covid, and a few others who have gotten it and survived. None of my friends in BA have gotten sick. The death toll in all of argentina (40 million people) is only a bit over double the death toll in my state of Washington (7 million people) - which means the per capita rates are much better in Argentina.
I would say argentina has come out far better than the US, which is seeing more deaths every week than the sum total in Argentina. And its getting worse up here- people are starting to ignore mask and social distance rules, and the case loads are going up, just as you would expect. I have no doubt the USA will hit a quarter million deaths by the end of the year.
My argentine friends grumble, but follow the rules, and case counts are, per capita, quite low- about 1/5 of Chile, for example.

Mortality rate per 100,000: Argentina: 1.9% vs US 3.2%. Considering the length and severity of the Argentine lockdown, the gap with the US is not impressive. Argentina is on the list of the 20 most affected countries. Source: Johns Hopkins

Back