Not Happy Here, Easy buy a Nationality 12 Country Options

I have posted the Infobae article hoping it may Interest some readers. It wasn't the intent to sell those locations or compare them with other options around the World. Some figured it's old hat, others claim better options exist , some believe Argentina is better..! Some take it as a personal issue.

Have not been to Vancouver or Valletta, would like to visit St. Lucia. Most interested in the Caribbean Islands like San Cristobal, Antigua and Barbuda.

Some want to emigrate to the USA or Canada, we left it behind..

All inquiries need be addressed to the Infoae editor-
Quite right. I appreciate the info you posted. The decision to leave Argentina is a personal one. There is no arguing this. Each person reaches his / her breaking point. If you're there now, it's time to look for options. I think Canada offers a good future but that's my opinion.

That reminds me, you could also join the cult of that fugitive guru from India that "bought" an island off the coast of Ecuador and created his own country. Apparently they are issuing passports, but I'm not sure what the minimum "donation" would be for that privilege. The food is probably better than the typical Argentine cuisine.

Take a look at my thread on those South Atlantic Islands. Some people have found a friend home there.

Thanks, Rich, but it is not the coffee I miss. What I yearn for is to sit in a comfortable chair in a cafe, surrounded by the smell of fresh coffee and lulled by the chatter of neighboring tables. Been sitting at home alone with the dog for five solid months now and Manchita, although bright and willing, hasn't learned to speak yet.

But give us a few more months in quarantine and she'll be playing cards with me.

Is Malta like this?

Hmmm- I know at least 5 people personally in the USA who have died from Covid, and a few others who have gotten it and survived. None of my friends in BA have gotten sick. The death toll in all of argentina (40 million people) is only a bit over double the death toll in my state of Washington (7 million people) - which means the per capita rates are much better in Argentina.
I would say argentina has come out far better than the US, which is seeing more deaths every week than the sum total in Argentina. And its getting worse up here- people are starting to ignore mask and social distance rules, and the case loads are going up, just as you would expect. I have no doubt the USA will hit a quarter million deaths by the end of the year.
My argentine friends grumble, but follow the rules, and case counts are, per capita, quite low- about 1/5 of Chile, for example.

1. We are in Canada, not the US.

(We actually have already gotten sick, my whole family, because we were in New York in mid-March. Then again, that was at a family event - in fact some of my Argentine family got infected there too, and developed symptoms upon their return to Buenos Aires.

If we hadn’t moved and thus caught it with them in NY, we’d almost certainly have caught it from them back in BsAs.)

2. I know several people who have COVID-19 right now in Argentina, or had in the past weeks. I know at least 2 people who died. And it isn’t getting better.

3. Given geographical and political realities, there’s not much point in referring simply to “the US”. New York’s case and death count are now highly manageable, in fact lower per capita than Argentina. With about twice the population of New York State, Argentina has nearly 10 times the new case count and over 20 times as many deaths. (This is incidentally yet another indicator of Argentina severely undercounting confirmed cases, even accounting for the lag between infection and death). And this is with a much more severe quarantine.

4. I would refer you to my comments on the other thread (original and follow-up) about the contrast between Canada and the US is handling of the pandemic, which also offers an interesting contrast with Argentinas policy.
In short, Argentina looks set to reap all of the havoc of an economic shutdown with none of the benefits that such a shut down would have offered when done properly.

Thanks, Rich, but it is not the coffee I miss. What I yearn for is to sit in a comfortable chair in a cafe, surrounded by the smell of fresh coffee and lulled by the chatter of neighboring tables. Been sitting at home alone with the dog for five solid months now and Manchita, although bright and willing, hasn't learned to speak yet.

Search youtube and you can find anything (legal):

Thanks... Now, I'll just hang a jar of ground coffee from my neck, find a comfortable chair, close my eyes and.....ABRACADABRA.......! A Virtual Cafe experience.

Clearly much more expensive. The issue, however, is that it gives you an EU passport. With that you can go where you want. For those who think Argentina has a poor future or who think it's a depressing place NOW, this could be an opening to a better life.

Many many many miss the point you don't apply for Malta citizenship, to necessarily to live in Malta, or to save money who cares if the cost of living it's 30 % higher than Argentina. If what you want is to be a EU citizen that can travel , work, and study anywhere in the EU and be a beneficiary of the EU Health Programs .

Many many many miss the point you don't apply for Malta citizenship, to necessarily to live in Malta, or to save money who cares if the cost of living it's 30 % higher than Argentina. If what you want is to be a EU citizen that can travel , work, and study anywhere in the EU and be a beneficiary of the EU Health Programs .

That's what I said.

Back