NY Post: What's the deal with Buenos Aires?

Life on a quinta is wonderful, and even better when one can drive 15 KM with very little traffic to a city like Bahia Blanca - with all the businesses and services you'd ever want with one exception: There are no ethnic restaurants whatsover.

That's no so bad. I cook at home anyway and have at least a one year supply of Asian condiments that I brought with me when I moved here and Mexican condiments are available at wal-mart and Carrefour.

SaraSara said:
I'm not familiar with zona sur, but there's nothing wrong with Western suburbs I've been to. Haedo, Moron, Castelar, and Ituzaingo are ok. Merlo and General Rodriguez are even better - lots of weekend quintas there.

I suggest you take the sarmiento or San Martin if my point is not yet clear

qwerty said:
I suggest you take the sarmiento or San Martin if my point is not yet clear

My family had a quinta in Ituzaingo for many years, and I still have relatives in that area. It is a very nice suburb - not as fashionable as Martinez, but with many good looking chalets.

As for trains, I avoid them - even the Mitre line can be a zoo.

SaraSara said:
As for trains, I avoid them - even the Mitre line can be a zoo.

Most people can't, your lucky. But imagine how bad Sarmiento, Roca or San Martin are if you think Mitre is a zoo

How is life in your burbuja by the way?

steveinbsas said:
...a city like Bahia Blanca - with all the businesses and services you'd ever want with one exception: There are no ethnic restaurants whatsover..

What is the city like? I've never been there, but may be driving to Puerto Madryn in the Spring, and it looks like a good stopping point. Do you know of a hotel that takes dogs? I have a small fluffy cockapoo - in many hotels she rates as a stuffed toy.

SaraSara said:
The serfs are getting restless.
The Serfs are watching as you walk down Chacabuco to the ATM..........:eek:

ghost said:
The Serfs are watching as you walk down Chacabuco to the ATM..........:eek:

That's exactly what I fear. Now, why don't they eat cake if they cannot buy bread? ::confused::D:confused:

Back