Obama Cuba/buenos Aires....!

I see the BBC is completely ignoring Obama's visit to Argentina.
This doesn't surprise me one bit.
http://www.bbc.com/news

Obama's visit to BA, the perfect storm of American arrogance and Argentine incompetence, the result city wide gridlock and chaos in order to enable some symbolic and insincere public pandering. Macri and Obama should have just met on the golf course in Bariloche and spared Buenos Aires the four planeloads of imperial spectacle and privilege needed for this Obama family vacation.

Is it a pain for many of us here in BA due to Obama's visit? YES!
Is it a huge cost for the US taxpayers?Yes!
Does it show that Argentina is perhaps being take as a "somewhat" serious world partner? YES!
and if I was Michelle Obama's mother, would I be going along for the great rides around the world to sometimes meet some fascinating people? YES!YES!YES!

Obama's visit to BA, the perfect storm of American arrogance and Argentine incompetence, the result city wide gridlock and chaos in order to enable some symbolic and insincere public pandering. Macri and Obama should have just met on the golf course in Bariloche and spared Buenos Aires the four planeloads of imperial spectacle and privilege needed for this Obama family vacation.
Grow up!

Growing up means living in the real world, and seeing it for what it actually is, not still clinging virtually to Mom's basement and interacting with the world like a snarky teenage gamer.

Growing up means living in the real world, and seeing it for what it actually is, not still clinging virtually to Mom's basement and interacting with the world like a snarky teenage gamer.

Seeing the world "for what it actually is" means understanding why this kind of insincere showboating is actually necessary in the context of realpolitik. We may wish that a more "real" way to dialogue with other countries were possible, but it isn't.

Back