OBAMA Speech in Cairo was a 10+ AMAZING !!!

harpo said:
I agree that it's surprising this isn't more widely reported. However, the Independent is a serious newspaper and I'm pretty sure this is factual and what is being reported is more than just window-dressing.

A recent piece at globalresearch:

After the “official” full withdrawal date of 2011, which Admiral Mike Mullen has indicated isn’t even guaranteed, “Mr. Obama plans to leave behind a “residual force” of tens of thousands of troops to continue training Iraqi security forces, hunt down foreign terrorist cells and guard American institutions,” reported the New York Times back in February.

“Residual force” is a euphemism for “occupying army,” since only the most stupidly naive could ever believe that Iraq is now nothing more than a subservient client state of the new world order empire.

A senior military officer spelled it out more plainly to the Los Angeles Times, “When President Obama said we were going to get out within 16 months, some people heard, ‘get out,’ and everyone’s gone. But that is not going to happen,” the officer said.

Indeed, at the last count which took place nearly three years ago, the U.S. military had already built no less than 55 fully functional military bases in Iraq, with funding in place to build many more.

http://prisonplanet.tv/signup.html
Furthermore, U.S. troops aren’t even leaving the cities altogether. Reports confirm that U.S. tanks will continue to patrol the areas outside of the “green zone” and the airport in Baghdad. The streets of major cities will still be patrolled by U.S.-trained Iraqi soldiers manning checkpoints everywhere harassing people for ID. In addition, if the Iraqis “request help” from U.S. troops to undertake security procedures, they’ll be right back on the streets just as before.

Iraqis themselves are not fooled by the charade. As the New York Times admits, the “celebrations” today “seemed contrived”, “Police cars were festooned with plastic flowers, and signs celebrating “independence day” were tied to blast walls and fences around the city. On Monday, night a festive evening celebration in Zahra Park with singers and entertainers drew primarily young men, many of them off-duty police officers,” according to the report.

BBW, I think my earlier judgement of you as a Trotskyite was somewhat premature! I guess we agree on most things.

However, you must accept that Global Research is hardly a fount of balance and moderation. 'Residual Force' is not necessarily a euphemism for 'occupying army'. I'm not sure what size the US 'residual force' in Germany is, but I guess 'tens of thousands' is about right.

Guys,

There's no question that Obama is a great speaker. However I'd like to toss my 2 cents out there.

Being a great speaker can be both good and bad, depending on the agenda the speaker represents. I for one, do not believe in the false paradigm of Left vs Right or Democrat vs Republican. This is because they all work for the same team unfortunately. There is no difference between them because they both represent the same group of corporate/banking power brokers that have ruled behind the scenes for decades. Sure they have policy differences that they pay lip service to and nothing more - simply the things they need to say in order to get elected - once in office, it all goes out the window for the most part.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Just to be clear I am not anti Obama. I don't know the man personally. He seems like a decent fellow however I do not believe that he is working for the American people. Rather, he represents his bosses - mainly Wall Street, Goldman Sachs, Council on Foreign Relations et al - a crooked gang of international bankers who have engineered the current economic crisis in the largest transfer of wealth in world history. Bush began the process, Obama is the closer. It's a tag team match folks.

I would encourage anybody who is interested and has the time to watch The Obama Deception documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw

America Freedom to Fascism is another good one: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173

The Zeitgeist movies are also very intriguing: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

harpo said:
However, you must accept that Global Research is hardly a fount of balance and moderation. 'Residual Force' is not necessarily a euphemism for 'occupying army'. I'm not sure what size the US 'residual force' in Germany is, but I guess 'tens of thousands' is about right.

I won't get into hair-splitting arguments of what constitutes "occupying army" and what constitutes "residual forces." The USA will continue to call the shots.

"Balance and moderation" set off alarms in my mind. These are excuses for supporting the staus quo, for weak-kneed apologists. The real world is so outrageous that any honest description of it has to be immoderate and unbalanced. Anything "balanced and moderate" becomes like the NYT, the Independent, the London Times, Time, and Newsweek: brushing ugly realities under the rug and using anodyne, euphemistic, and soporific words to soothe.

I really don't go for the idea of some sinister group controlling the US and probably the world. It's a step or two more sensible than the 'twin towers plot' and 'Diana was murdered' conspiracies, but it's in the same ball park.

Powerful people and organisations do operate behind the scenes, but by and large they are in competition with each other and jockeying for position. Nor are they particularly far-sighted or subtle; they muddle along like the rest of us. I'm sure the majority of these people were very pro Iraq war at the start, but I doubt many are now - too expensive, too unpopular, not enough profit (which is why I'm pretty sure the US will be out on schedule).

It has always been like this at the heart of power, there's nothing new under the sun when it comes to human behaviour. It may be difficult, but not impossible, to play one off against another and get a result which benefits ordinary people.

So yes, Obama is surely rubbing up against some grubby characters and yes, he is pretty constrained. But let's give the guy a break and just see what he can achieve.

harpo said:
Powerful people and organisations do operate behind the scenes, but by and large they are in competition with each other and jockeying for position. Nor are they particularly far-sighted or subtle; they muddle along like the rest of us. I'm sure the majority of these people were very pro Iraq war at the start, but I doubt many are now - too expensive, too unpopular, not enough profit (which is why I'm pretty sure the US will be out on schedule).

Agreed. Though ruling-class divisions with regard to the invasion of Iraq were there from the start and have only grown with time.

bigbadwolf said:
The real world is so outrageous that any honest description of it has to be immoderate and unbalanced.

Rich people try to keep their power at the expense of the rest of us, nasty wars get fought, lies are common currency - same old same old.

In fact, the real world is less outrageous now than it has ever been. Try saying about Henry VIII what you've said about Obama - you'd have been hung, drawn and quartered.

harpo said:
I really don't go for the idea of some sinister group controlling the US and probably the world. It's a step or two more sensible than the 'twin towers plot' and 'Diana was murdered' conspiracies, but it's in the same ball park.

Harpo....

i'm afraid it's a much darker picture than you paint it my friend....i only wish it were that simple....

Let's start by saying that throughout world history Tyranny has always been the norm. tyrannical governments have been the number one cause of killing their own people than all the wars and diseases combined. The united states is an anomaly, an aberration, something that wasn't supposed to be. And there are powerful forces at work right now that are closing down our so called democracy. Efforts are in play right now to destroy the US dollar by design and strip away our sovereignty, while the constitution is trampled and ignored. Think it can't happen? It already has.

i guess i can say that i "woke up" from living in the matrix about 2 years ago after watching Zeitgeist and took the "red pill". that's when i realized that pretty much everything that we think we know is a lie, and i'm not exaggerating. and no, they are not conspiracy theories. The difficulty at first was coming to grips with the fact that such an evil can exist. The second part was connecting the dots and making the connections throughout history and to/from organizations that work to further the agenda of a global elite.

The anglo/European global crime syndicate does not control the entire world, although they sure would like to. Plenty stands in their way i.e. china, Russia and especially radical islam. They are masters however of playing the geo political chess board and molding/shaping public opinion through their control of over 80% of the media. They can create a pretext/justification for just about anything i.e. the Iraq war.

The exact same formula is being used right now to demonize Iran and give a pretext/justification for another war. The CIA already has a history of regime change in Iran when it overthrew democratically elected prime minister Mossadeq in 1953 and installed the Shah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Mosaddeq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaGCJmCAJ40

Check out the book Confessions of an Economic Hitman, which goes into detail about the formula that the CIA has used for decades to displace foreign leaders so that our multinational corporations might rob third world countries of their natural resources - all part of building the empire in plain sight without the use of military force for the most part.

http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-E...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246701494&sr=8-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTbdnNgqfs8

Their greatest trick was making everybody think they didn't exist.

Loose Change - 911 Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk7htWPF874

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAS4TIYF68A&feature=related

The Money Masters - How International Bankers Gained Control of America

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936

please take the time to watch all of the videos that I have listed in this and my earlier post with an open mind, without bias and without the pre programmed thoughts that we've all been conditioned to accept as fact since birth. i will be surprised if you still maintain your current mode of thinking. I look forward to your feedback. Pass along to anybody that is interested.

redrum said:
Harpo....

i'm afraid it's a much darker picture than you paint it my friend....i only wish it were that simple....
That's all well & good, but what are you DOING about it?

Here's what I'm doing about it, mini. I allow myself the entertainment value of 6 minutes per month of reading conspiracy theories, and I avoid people whose pictures are always dark and who call people they have never met, "my friend." Works for me.

Back