Obamacare: Say goodbye to Grandma and the grandkids!

jp said:
Nothing I've read anywhere validates the scaremongering or flights of fancy I've read from critics and right wing commentators. All I see is a politically motivated attempt to bloody noses for the sake of bloodying noses and protecting vested interests.

The Limbaugh-types are talking through their backsides as usual.

Maybe, but its still a massive step up from "to each according to his contributions and insurance policy small print".

No, it's not a massive step -- unless you listen to talk-radio sh!t. The problem is it's nothing. Single-payer health care would be something. But this false messiah and the people who pull his strings have put forward nothing of substance. A Lyndon Johnson might have done something. Not this nincompoop. Of course, it's not just this false messiah -- both parties are in the pay of the private sector wolves who mint gold out of health care. Nothing will change -- unless you count people forced to buy substandard insurance policies. Ah well, back to Norway and civilisation in three weeks.

2GuysInPM said:
The funniest thing about this "Obama 'death panel' that will kill everyone's grandma and Sarah Palin's little baby" conspiracy theory hoopla, is that such provision in the reform is acutally a billl introduced by Republican Senators Johnny Isakson (Ga) and Susan Collins (ME). :D:D

I don't know, but I bet'cha Rush, Glenn & Co. sort of leave that point out in their rants. :rolleyes:;)... but hey, ther're just radio entertainers.

Thanks, Guys, but all of my posts in this thread refer to the proposed legislation in the House of Representatives. In any case, Susan Collins might as well go stand behind Senator Spector, but that doesn't matter anyway. None of these parasites are actually going to be subject to any of the "reforms" they will mandate for the rest of the country, and I seriously doubt the reforms will result in the "desired" effects or the fulfillment of the glowing promises made politicians, including Obama's claim that all Americans (including seniors) will get the health care they "need" and that his plan(s) will end most deaths from major illness and do so at no increase in costs.

Ranting or not, Rush and Glenn both know this is not possible.

Sometimes Glenn is even more entertaining when he rants (shows passion for what he believes), especially on TV.

Whats your spin on the 40 million uninsured american's who will receive medical cover they previously had no access to?

How is this a bad thing? How is this not a step in the right direction?

jp said:
Whats your spin on the 40 million uninsured american's who will receive medical cover they previously had no access to?

How is this a bad thing? How is this not a step in the right direction?

It's a lie.

How is it a lie?

As I said, I am definitely waiting to see what the final legislation looks like before making any decision. But there is no question in my mind that the insurance system in the US is broken.

People can't afford preventative care so they wait until catastrophic injuries occur which are cost-prohbitive for everyone involved. Doctors, Patients and yes, even the insurance companies are hard-pressed to serve people and the amount of paperwork is overwhelming. And we could talk about how/why having insurance tied to a job is both a negative and cost issue for the company and probably preventing lots of entrepeneurs (I know that is spelled wrong) from going out on their own.

The system is broken, almost beyond repair. Something needs to be done to fix it.

steveinbsas said:
The 40 million uninsured includes about 20 million "illegals" and another 10 million who would be covered in various (existing) programs if they actually bothered to enroll.

That only leaves 10 million (at the most) who choose not to have/pay for coverage...most of whom are young and healthy.

This is how it is a lie.

bigbadwolf said:
...Single-payer health care would be something. But this false messiah and the people who pull his strings have put forward nothing of substance. A Lyndon Johnson might have done something. Not this nincompoop. Of course, it's not just this false messiah -- both parties are in the pay of the private sector wolves who mint gold out of health care. Nothing will change -- unless you count people forced to buy substandard insurance policies.

Relax Wolf, Obama will get to a single payer system in ten years or so. He knows better than to drive the insurance companies out of business overnight or in six months...or as long as they continue to throw money at him and those in power, believing they will allow them to continue to exist.

It's only a matter of time. There are provisions in the legislation that will eventually drive most individuals into the public plan, bankrupting the private health care providers.

Others have posted here that we need to give Obama time to advance his agenda. Perhaps they're right. After all no one can expect him to nationalize major US corporations in his first six months or even his first year in office, can they?

steveinbsas said:
Beyond your wildest imagination.
Universal health coverage works in every developed country in the world, bar one. Not perfectly, but well enough not to bankrupt normal people who fall ill.

You seem to think the American people don't deserve this. I find that shameful.

Back