Obamacare: Say goodbye to Grandma and the grandkids!

American medical care is terribly overpriced and, save at its finest institutions, no longer superb.

However, comparing it to Swiss or northwestern European systems is not reasonable. The United States has for many generations been taking in the world's "undesireables" -- the uneducated, the poor, even the shiftless, the dishonest -- at rates far, far above anything the Swiss or French or Scandinavians, or even the British, have yet to cope with. A major cause of American toleration of illegal immigration (in the millions each year) from Mexico, China, and other countries which have not prepared their emigrants for life at the cutting edge of modernity is the vain hope that the labor of those ill- or uneducated millions will somehow save the parlous social-welfare structure from collapse. They can't, of course, but they do consume, often without payment, the very medical services American leaders think their labor will sustain.

Crazy, I know. Willfully blind, I suppose. Ah, well.

citygirl said:
Dudester - when you use phrases like military pigs, it really is highly insulting. I have quite a few friends who serve in the military and they are caring, compassionate and highly trained professionals (including 2 doctors). 2 DOCTORS?!?!? WOW, THAT'S F*CKING SUPER IMPRESSIVE CITYGIRL......
I once again would plead that we keep this discourse civil - there are enough problems out there without insulting people.

Yeah, I'll keep it civilized when the military pigs learn how to treat people AND ANIMALS in a civilized manner - WAR, it's nothing but legalized murder, why don't you try EVOLVING a bit citygirl. You think it's Kosher blowing up countries over one man's lies? Maybe you'll be next. Check out YOUR military pig friends in action (this is what's ON video, can you imagine what's not? - raping children, bloody murdering of innocent families, just disgusting - I've had relatives as victims in war, I know EXACTLY what goes down, the worst things in the world - worse than your worst nightmares. Check these out -

#1. Caring - YouTube isn't brave enough to keep up the uncensored version. The puppy IS alive at the beginning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdyN2_GJmP8

#2 Compassionate - this is super funny, can't stop laughing....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kG1HLiTuEg&NR=1

#3 Professional - the arrogant pr*cks are unbelievable. These people have no money yet they must also have their cars ruined - military pigs, all the same...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yco1deXOzN8

There's an ABU GRAB (Iraqi Prison I won't even put up - too bloody mixed with violent homoerotic acts forced on prisoners - it's truely disgusting.) These are your friends? wow, good for you, be proud - salute the flag/sing the anthem......
How do you know what they're doing over there with no law or order?? Maybe you don't know....

Dudester,

there are military pigs and military heroes and military saints.

One (or a thousand) creep doesn't represent the whole army, but given the form of recruitment the US Army uses, it creates a huge problem for itself.

If you recruit thrash, thrash is what you get.

Remember Son My and My Khe? (often called My Lai) which made German WW2 SS look good. The US Army really knows how to make itself popular.

Dear John.St, we're not going to get quality when all our wars are bullsh*t / Enjoy the Vids - shows the nature of things over there....... You have some good points though...

Wow - do you really not how offensive it is call everyone serving their country a pig?

I will truly never understand the hyperbole and hysteria of people on either side and their inability to have a coherent and informed discussion of facts.

Oh and Dudester - FWIW - I am fairly liberal, did not agree and protested against our presence in Iraq and am fully in favor of prosecution and punishment of anyone violating the Geneva Convention. I still find it highly offensive to call people serving their country "pigs". And yes, I am proud to call some people in the military my friends. Oh wait - perhaps my two friends who are doctors and were there providing care (not only to soldiers but also civilians) should be unilaterally condemned based on the ignorant actions of someone that has nothing in common with them except that they are members of the same profession. Seems perfectly logical:rolleyes:

I agree with Citygirl. Any organisation that wields power will attract bad apples and it should be a priority to weed these out during recruitment. However, it is offensive to make sweeping generalisations; most people in the military are certainly not pigs.

The careerists in the American military (I know, from eighteen years' ununiformed service as son and grandson of military officers) almost invariably oppose entering into war. It is, in fact, civilians -- president and congress -- who send those careerists and fellow volunteers (volunteers to serve, not to die) to be killed and maimed in foreign fields.

"Dudester" certainly knows that his own party have, time and time again, decided to spill American blood and spend American gold abroad, in Korea, Vietnam, and now confirmatorily in Iraq and Afghanistan. He's just trolling.

"SERVING OUR COUNTRY" !?!?!? - Excuse me !!! Did I miss something !?!?! Did Iraq Attack us ? No (for all of the "confused about 9/11 brainiacs" it was, as in "Hijacker Breakdown", 15 Saudi's, one UAE, one Egyptian and I can't recall the other 2 - Jordanian?, Syrian? Can't remember - but they WEREN'T IRAQIS.) How VERY naive of you citygirl The only thing we are doing is defending our OIL INTERESTS/BUSINESS INTERESTS/POWER BASE.

BTW, there's NOTHING TO DISCUSS, if you can't even grasp why we are really over there how I can I disgust 2 +2 = 4 if you don't have a concept of what numbers are? I'm being offensive calling them PIGS but it's OK for them to DESTROY A COUNTRY (Imagine if it was done to us, we can't even deal with 3000 people and 2 towers. How about ENTIRE COUNTRIES !?!?!? Who are we to destroy countries one by one to the core ??? Go to Hiroshima, Japan (like I did a few years ago) to see America's handy work - only nuclear attack in history, my God) and murder and rape millions of innocents... Do me a favor, cut out the robotic, non-thinking "serve your country" pathetic lingo and find out what we're really up to all over the world.

Your "friends" and what they're doing OFFEND ME - MURDER is much more offensive than calling a subhuman a "pig". Please get it straight - please find out why we're ALWAYS invading countries ("Why We Fight" DVD would be a good start - open your eyes)!! Dudester

PS My ENTIRE family was in WWII but they were on the "Right Side", not the "Evil Side". I understand the military inside out, I 've heard the stories my entire life. My Mother's Uncle was a submarine commander that rescued his entire crew and saved his vessel, there are books written about him. Doesn't get much more real than that..... I don't have a party RWS, I have a plan. Get Government Health Care paid for by my massive federal tax "contribution" and than get the f*ck out of "Crazy Land" and live in Paris, BA, and MAYBE 1 to 2 months a year in the USA for business reasons ONLY (called the "Revolving Expat Plan" for those that like titles)

Is English your native language? I'm puzzled by some of your interpretations. The statement I made was "serving their country" not "defending" Someone in the military is indeed "serving" in their countries armed fores.

And thanks for the advice on being less naive and more well-informed about US activities but as you know nothing about me, my background or what information I possess, I will treat it in the manner it deserves.

I hope some day you realize that hyperbole and hysteria are no way to make a point and in making the sweeping type of generalizations you have, you will wind up alienating far more people than is necessary.

Back