Ok Buenos Aires here we come...

janet&chad

Registered
First I wanted to say thank you to all of you for your posts, good,bad and all in between. They have been a big help for us.

Our names are Janet & Chad. We live in the US, Texas to be exact. About to make our retirement in Argentina and are in our mid/late 40's (for some reason everyone ask's our age around here)
We have now made our flight and hotel reservations and look forward to being there the 9th through the 19th.... DOING THE HAPPY DANCE :D

If possible can we get a couple of possible suggestions....:confused:
1) What's the best but cheapest way to go to Iguazu Falls and does it really require an overnight stay?
2) Anyone have a suggestion on looking at properties while we are there? We want to move there within 24 months and woudl like to see as much "reality" as possible without being nickle and dimed to death.
Thanks so very much in advance.

Janet & Chad

janet&chad said:
Anyone have a suggestion on looking at properties while we are there? We want to move there within 24 months and woudl like to see as much "reality" as possible without being nickle and dimed to death.

Have you actually been here before?

If so, I wonder why you would ask such a question.

If not, I wonder why you would have already decided to retire here.

We have not been there yet, this is the first time. We have a couple friends that have retired there but are in Mendoza and Palermo area who don't have much knowledge of this side (BA) and another friend who lived there but was closer to Chile. The friends all speak highly of Argentina, so we are avdenturious, like the sounds of it and assume that those living there and writing here in the blogs tell the truth about how nice it is as well.. so we have decided to make our fianal decision when we arrive since we have pretty much set our hearts on it.
Hope this answers your question, if not let me know.
Also do you have any suggestions for us? We are very excited as you can tell...

Janet & Chad

janet&chad said:
we have not been there yet, this is the first time. We have a couple friends that have retired there but are in mendoza and palermo area who don't have much knowledge of this side (ba) and another friend who lived there but was closer to chile. The friends all speak highly of argentina, so we are avdenturious, like the sounds of it and assume that those living there and writing here in the blogs tell the truth about how nice it is as well.. So we have decided to make our fianal decision when we arrive since we have pretty much set our hearts on it.
Hope this answers your question, if not let me know.
Also do you have any suggestions for us? We are very excited as you can tell...

Janet & chad

oh my god!

Please find the thread Expats not happy, why stay? asap...

I guess I don't understand the reply steveinbsas .... do you have any suggestions?

Janet

We did read the thread ...expats not happy why stay... that was good info thanks for that....

janet&chad said:
I guess I don't understand the reply steveinbsas .... do you have any suggestions?

Janet

Sure, come for a two to six month visit first.

It would be irrational to decide to retire here before doing so.

Maybe my intro was not clear, sorry if that's the case. We are excited about living there in Argentina, we are coming to visit and are looking to also do a little site seeing as well as realestate seeing. We know the rules on ownership, have researched several blogs, government websites etc., what we were looking for was a little push in the direction of suggestions on seeing the falls leaving from BA, and also if anyone knew of a person that might want to share some insight while we are there on properties so we can see, smell, touch, so to speak, on the land, areas and people in a few areas we have been looking at via internet.
This site has been a great source of "people and personalities" so we thought it best to ask here.
Maybe this helps clarify what our agenda is, nothing more nothing less, just honest asking, and unless your trying to say something I'm not understanding. Really, just looking for a little friendly assistance... thanks a bunch and still excited...

janet&chad said:
1) What's the best but cheapest way to go to Iguazu Falls and does it really require an overnight stay?
2) Anyone have a suggestion on looking at properties while we are there? We want to move there within 24 months and woudl like to see as much "reality" as possible without being nickle and dimed to death.

Well, to bring you with at least an answer, the best & cheapest way to go to Iguazu is by bus. Distance is about 900 miles so I guess that it's a 15 or 16 hours trip. Bus station is in the Retiro area of Capital as you certainly know.

I don't know which companies go there but one point for sure : take the best possible bus (the ones who offer beds with some quite of privacy...).
I don't know the price but it should cost around 300 pesos for the R/T.

Welcome to Argentina when you do arrive !

Back