One Way Ticket To Arg?

jamasVamos

Registered
Will I have any problems entering Argentina on a one way ticket from the US? My passport is new since I had to renew it and it has no stamps in it. I'm traveling Aerolinas Argentinas

Aerolineas Argentinas normally dont ask you when you inytend to return home

I didn't have any problems. In fact, customs didn't even bother to ask why I was arriving, where I was staying, etc.

Will I have any problems entering Argentina on a one way ticket from the US? My passport is new since I had to renew it and it has no stamps in it. I'm traveling Aerolinas Argentinas

Highly improbable, but not impossible.

I'm also curious about this. Would any of you recommend having a Buquebus "receipt" to Colonia just to make sure the airline won't give you trouble for a one-way ticket?

Just because there are no stamps in the passport doesnt mean customs doesnt know your history of entering the country. They know..

About the return ticket, its unlikely you will have a problem here in Argentina, they dont look at your tickets upon entry. You may have trouble to leave the US without one though.

Reactions: Joe
Just because there are no stamps in the passport doesnt mean customs doesnt know your history of entering the country. They know..

About the return ticket, its unlikely you will have a problem here in Argentina, they dont look at your tickets upon entry. You may have trouble to leave the US without one though.

Yes this is my concern. It's always the airline in the US that checks the ticket. They also often check return date to make sure it's within 90 days. People in this thread say Aerolineas doesn't, but can we be sure of that? Would the Buquebus "receipt" thing be a good backup to have with them (or any other, stricter, airline)?

Yes this is my concern. It's always the airline in the US that checks the ticket. They also often check return date to make sure it's within 90 days. People in this thread say Aerolineas doesn't, but can we be sure of that? Would the Buquebus "receipt" thing be a good backup to have with them (or any other, stricter, airline)?
I would have a fake airline ticket and a real Buquebus as a backup. It's totally random when you encounter this. I've had it happen three times in the last five years, three different countries, three different airlines. The last one in Ecuador, I wished I had slipped a couple of twenties into the passport just to have avoided the massive waste of time - not sure if it would have worked but it would have been well worth it. I've never been asked in North America for a return ticket.

Ive flown into the country 3 times now through Delta and they've never asked (including the last time when my return flight was booked 9 months from my departure date). but that doesn't mean they won't ask the next time.

Back