Opening a bank account

Check the websites of the places where you shop normally and see which bank cards offer the biggest discounts. For example, if you buy your groceries in Coto, and it is one of your major spending categories go to

and check "DESCUENTOS VIGENTES COMPRANDO LOS DÍAS" section.

But after all, it is just a trick to make you buy more.
Thank you, all those years I spend couple months in Argentina and never needed a bank account but being have to carry a big stack of pesos (getting bigger each year) on many occasions since I can’t use my UK cards there, I kinda had enough with that and now it’s time to get a debit card and use that instead. I’ll be buying those things anyways and it’s good to get some discounts.

Is it possible to open a bank account without a DNI? I am here on a tourist visa but recently got a job from an Argentinian company and trying to figure out how I can possibly get on their payroll.

I'm also confirming the Digital Nomad visa does NOT provide a DNI or ability open a bank account, correct?

Thanks all in advance!

I am here on a tourist visa but recently got a job from an Argentinian company and trying to figure out how I can possibly get on their payroll.
Did they hire you without requesting your DNI and "Constancia de CUIL"?
Probably, you are misunderstanding the nature of your relationship with the company.

Is it possible to open a bank account without a DNI? I am here on a tourist visa but recently got a job from an Argentinian company and trying to figure out how I can possibly get on their payroll.

I'm also confirming the Digital Nomad visa does NOT provide a DNI or ability open a bank account, correct?

Thanks all in advance!
Yes, it's possible, it's exactly what I did when I first arrived, but I expect your company will have to help you. They must have a relationship with their bank and be able to set this up.

I assume you have a formal Argentinian employment contract, and the company is approved to hire foreigners?

Your company should really also support you with the temporary residency DNI, by assigning you a visa facilitator, there's a bit more documentation involved when getting the DNI via employment.

my guess is this is a rather informal arrangement, because otherwise yes the employer should be aiding with residency/DNI

It is a more informal arrangement and a very small, new company that does not have capacity for a visa facilitator, etc. Would there be any ways around having my employer coordinate the DNI/visa?

Galicia ATMs up to $80k in $1000's at specially denominated ATMs...

Galicia universal account

Debit card,No fees, western union direct deposit....transfers in/out with other arg banks free too,just DNI to open online...
This definitely was the easiest to do. Thanks for those that posted about this. I had an account with HSBC for many years and they closed down my account a few years ago during COVID. I just went online and applied and it couldn't have been easier.

You just enter your DNI # and I did have to get a local phone line. After I got the local cellphone #, I had to enter a security PIN and they quickly sent an ATM card to my apartment within 5 days. I couldn't believe how easy it was. Their customer support seems to be open 24 hours a day. They always responded to my email messages when I had questions. I never even had to step foot into a bank which is what their goal is they say.

This definitely was the easiest to do. Thanks for those that posted about this. I had an account with HSBC for many years and they closed down my account a few years ago during COVID. I just went online and applied and it couldn't have been easier.

You just enter your DNI # and I did have to get a local phone line. After I got the local cellphone #, I had to enter a security PIN and they quickly sent an ATM card to my apartment within 5 days. I couldn't believe how easy it was. Their customer support seems to be open 24 hours a day. They always responded to my email messages when I had questions. I never even had to step foot into a bank which is what their goal is they say.

And as an added bonus @Galicia you can convert your "cuenta universal" to a regular "caja ahorro" by a simple visit to a branch ..same debit card,same online access same pins etc...and the added bonus is the ability to invest online in 30+ day deposits in pesos @97% interest...,all at no fees ( still some fees for using other ATMs etc....)...!

Thank you! However, I do not have a DNI # and trying to figure out if there is any way of opening a bank account without one OR trying to figure out the simplest visa path to obtain a DNI.

Thank you! However, I do not have a DNI # and trying to figure out if there is any way of opening a bank account without one OR trying to figure out the simplest visa path to obtain a DNI.
Simplest DNI path is likely student or marriage, and with a precaria, CDI, and a passport you can open a cuenta universal

Back