Opening a Mercado Libre acct. w/o a DNI

Terrell

Registered
Has anyone been able to open a Mercado Libre acct. without a DNI; using only a passport?

Today is day 645 in trámite stasis with Migraciones simply to renew my DNI / residency despite being fully compliant with their (changing) requirements. At the U.S. Embassy recently, I was informed that they've received many complaints about Migraciones; that Migraciones is beyond dysfunctional.

So, I cannot access my old Mercado Libre account using my expired DNI. If anyone has been able to use solely a passport to open an account or ..... even have a valid number to speak or chat with a live human at Mercado Libre, your information and guidance will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Update:

They said, "No valid DNI, no account, no exceptions."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have an account, created it in December and when it asked for DNI I put my passport number, ordered multiple stuff already. Seems to be random.

I had a Mercado Libre account with a drivers license #. It worked for a good 6 months and they eventually closed it for lack of a DNI. As another user pointed out. It can be opened without a DNI but only for a short while until their verification system catches up.

I had opened my account many years ago with passport, but that was when they had a category for “Otro”. 2015 is what I see in my history. Even when they started to only accept new accounts with DNI I continued for a few years without. Only in 2021 did I finally change my account to my new DNI.

they have updated the way their system works, in January, I had to send in a photo of the dni card. both sides.
So what may have worked years ago, doesnt necessarily work now.

Mercado Libre the most valuable enterprise in Latin America, exceeding the market value of $90 billion, higher than Petrobras Oil company from Brazil.

Back