Located on Juncal and Uriburu, two blocks from Santa Fe ave. 6
blocks from Recoleta cementery and Plaza Francia park, restaurants,
stores, coffee stores, movie theatres, excellent transportation nearby
( subway line D ).
This apartment has a full kitchen with
fridge with freezer, microwave, central hot water, a living room and
dining room with classic english style furniture. The master bedroom
has a queen size bed, and the second bedroom has a bunker bed and a
single bed. Ceiling fans, cable TV, phone, broadband internet access.
Maid service once a week. Fully euipped for up to five guests.
Monthly Rent: 1200usd all inclusive.
+++Owner will negotiate price a little bit if tenant makes any improvements to the property.+++
MINIMUM FOUR MONTHS

Size: 70 sq mt

Pictures here http://expatrentalsba.com/?p=65

Sounds like a Great!!! Opportunity
Is this some joke . A 70 metre badly furnished apartment for the whopping price of 3800 pesos a month and according to the above is a great oportunity.
Please do not take advantage of us

"englishman" said:
Is this some joke . A 70 metre badly furnished apartment for the whopping price of 3800 pesos a month and according to the above is a great oportunity.
I have never taken advantage of anybody, that is why so many expats asked me to look for properties on their behalf, including a couple of emabassies I worked with. I must add that if you have a slight idea of what negotiating means, you would realise that a furnished apartment´s rental price is always more expensive than a regular rent, also the no garantia factor,and the fact that the place can accomodate up to 5 guests ( this means, that this is one of the very few landlords that might accept roomates )

After working in the real estate market for quite a while, I state it again: it is a great opportunitty. I´d gladly accept your apologies, since you have been quite insulting.

"englishman" said:
Man you just don't know a good opportunitty when you see one. The English... soooo cheap

Well thats where the saying "whinging poms" came from :)

Thanks for the kind words :) Also, that is not the price, she is willing to take offers, imho I think she will rent it for 1000 - btw, why expats sometimes don't get the idea of negotiating a prices?

"nikad" said:
btw, why expats sometimes don't get the idea of negotiating a prices?
It's not for want of trying. Argies often get very upset when you try to haggle -- they don't get back to you, they don't respond with a counter-offer, they walk off in a huff. In other places the initial price is just an opening gambit; indeed, the vendor is likely to feel short-changed (psychologically) if you don't at least make an attempt to negotiate. Not in Argentina.

once again big bad wolf has hit the nail on the head . In my experience here they are very inflexible in regards to negotiating and take it as a personal insult if you dare ask for a discount in many places.

Geez, it sounds pretty bad to me, I think that some owners think that because you are expats you are willing to pay more than any other person, I have been pretty lucky negotiating on behalf of some people ( of course if sth is at 1000 and you offer 300 they will most likely ignore you ) but I always try to look for both parties´benefit (sometimes as a real estate agent you have access to some info that is handy, for instance if the place has been empty for months, or if the owner really doesn´t need the money, or maybe an owner willing to rent/sell to invest in another property, etc, etc ) I don´t give out the info, but whenever I am with teh prospective tenant/buyer I encourage them to negotiate prices if I know there will be chances.

The problem basically is that some colleagues are really not interested at all, because their commission is lower too, I really don´t care, I take my part, and if both parties are happy then I am satisfied too, and both of them are likely to work with me in the future. Some people here are just sitting there, waiting for the big buck to show up!

Some agents could team up ( and split commissions ) but are too eager... really is a very weird business! I rather have two satisfied clients and half commission than nothing. Then again, some people use the wrong arguments to negotiate ( like I have heard and almost faint: ¨-you are charging too much, in pesos is a lot of money here..¨after that kind of statements, they won´t ever lower a cent :p )

Negotiating is possible imho, but you have to work with somebody that looks for the mutual benefit, not just his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back