Opportunity 2 Bedroom Furnished Apartment Recoleta

Status
Not open for further replies.
"bigbadwolf" said:
Try to read the whole thread, and tell me who was insulting ;) I know you can get a good studio or 1 br for 600. If you tell me where I can get a 2 br apt in Recoleta, furnished and with no garantia for 900 I will take it for myself.
You're just the middleman (er... middleperson) so it's unfair to criticise you as you're clearly just following pricing instructions. But if you concede that one can get a decent (furnished) 1-br apartment in Recoleta for USD 600, you also have to concede that USD 1200 is pretty steep for a 2-br place, particularly when you look at the floor area (a mere 70 sq. metres).
I know the owner is willing o negotiate the price quite a bit, basically that is why I think it is good deal, the dianl price could be substantially lower, yes, of course you can find a nice 1 br for 600 usd, this is a landlord willing to accpet roomates as well ( and I know this is not common )V

"pbrian" said:
I am an expat renting a 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, 115m apartment on Juncal and Ayacucho. No guarantia. 2 years. $760US. We had to negotiate and work for a solid week to get it, but better prices are possible.
Kudos! that is the way to go :)

The insult is the way foreigners are taken advantage of in this city just as this poster is trying to do. Check this link
http://www.bytargentina.com/re/propview.php?view=1663&tmo=2&tyr=2007#abajo
for the first example at this site of what you can rent for $1125. You would have to wait until April on this unit for 4 successive months and it only holds 4 but it is beautiful and just an example of what you can get at this price and less. By the way, I don't work for this agency/but I have used them twice and they are good.

"ricrico" said:
The insult is the way foreigners are taken advantage of in this city just as this poster is trying to do. Check this link
http://www.bytargentina.com/re/propview.php?view=1663&tmo=2&tyr=2007#abajo
for the first example at this site of what you can rent for $1125. You would have to wait until April on this unit for 4 successive months and it only holds 4 but it is beautiful and just an example of what you can get at this price and less. By the way, I don't work for this agency/but I have used them twice and they are good.
I wonder why some pleople take the time to reply to an apartment thread, if you don´t like it, just keep surfing. If you knew me you would know that I would never take advantage of any expat because my own husband is an american expat who has been living here for 3 years. Do you know many real estate agents that work for no commission when an expat has an accident here? Do you know many that answer the phone ( home) at 3 in the morning when somebody is desperate because he got robbed? Do you know many that invite you over to their place to wait together because your flight was early? Perhaps you know many that offer to pack your stuff because you had to leave to your country because some relative was really sick? Do you know many that will read your contract and give you advice for free when you are renting through another agent? You are all right I take advantage of people and am a total rip off.

"tanghetto" said:
I saw on ad that they wanted a long term rent for over 4 months . How many tourists are coming here for such long time . I know that many people here put down argentine people and say we are dishonest and charge tooo much and deal with us we are better becausse we speak english good then you charge more than double normal price and say you are honest.
There is bad people everywhere english and american people are not so honest as well look at world and see their face in iraq afghanistan for oil money ,
4 months is not long a long term contract, a long term contract is 24 months. Usually people that come here to take spanish classes stay for an average of 3-4 months. Also it is the owners that set their prices, and my commission is the lowest in the market, I am sooooo dishonest!

"ramon" said:
My feeling is this that people have the complete right to advertise here a property of their choice . Opinions about that will vary and certainly you will open yourself to critisicm with that as well.
I have mixed feelings about the real estate frenzy I see all around me here and feel it will come crashing down very soon as all these apartments being built in capital federal need tenants and it seems that the owners now want european rents. That is completely unstainable in the long term.
Remember tourists pày a very high price to come to argentina with air fares and if rental and hotel prices are not reasonable then people will stop coming .
To compare Buenos Aires with Paris London Barcelona is not valid as they earn euros and we earn pesos and as most of you know 2000 pesos a month is a good wage here. Prices should always reflect the wages of the inhabitants who reside here.
I agree about the real estate market, it is very sad to actually see how owners turn their heads to their argentine brothers to try to make a quick buck, but then again that is the history of this country, there is very little an agent can do about it.

The truth is that as long as there is an offer and a demand this will continue, I don´t think it will last for long however. If access to mortgage loans in the near future becomes more flexible, rentals are going to go down: People want to buy their homes, not rent it.

"bjrutledge" said:
Obviously locals don't pay those prices for an apartment. But they need a garantia, which foreigners generally can't get, and they rent for long-term, not for onnly a few months. Someone here for just a few months is not likely to be competing for the same apartments that the locals are. For one thing, foreigners here for a short time are more likely to look for furnished apartments.

There are two rental markets here --- one for locals and one for foreigners. Obviously it is much more lucrative to rent a property to foreigners, and there is not the concern about having to go to court to evict the tenant if there are any problems. When apartments are withheld from the local market and used exclusively for rental to foreigners, that only exacerbates the current shortage of affordable housing for local people. But as long as tourists keep coming and the landlords can get the higher prices from renting just to foreigners, obviously they are going to want to do that.

You can't really generalize about what tourists can and can't afford to pay. A 20-something who has moved here with the vague plan of living off income earned from teaching English, will not be able to afford rents of $1000-$2000 per month. Someone who burned out from working on Wall Street and is wanting to just take a few months off will be able to afford that easily. Or someone who was transferred here by a US corporation like Microsoft. It all depends.

Have you ever wondered the risk a property owner assumes when he rents to a foreigner, expecially when they are on tourist visas: You cannot get a credit report, you cannot get a criminal background check, you cannot get personal references, et, etc. The system here doesn´t work right to actually deport illegal inmigrants ( for our and their own good) and landlords have to watch for themselves.

"bjrutledge" said:
There are two rental markets here --- one for locals and one for foreigners. Obviously it is much more lucrative to rent a property to foreigners, and there is not the concern about having to go to court to evict the tenant if there are any problems. When apartments are withheld from the local market and used exclusively for rental to foreigners, that only exacerbates the current shortage of affordable housing for local people. But as long as tourists keep coming and the landlords can get the higher prices from renting just to foreigners, obviously they are going to want to do that.
Appearances can be deceptive. As I pointed out a couple of months ago, some owners, who used to rent to foreigners, are now preferring to rent to locals: there's a more reliable revenue stream, and locals are more likely to keep a place in fine fettle.

"nikad" said:
The apartment rental notice was posted on the forum "Apartment Rentals and Roommates." One would expect to see apartment rentals, rather than job offers, posted on this forum. Right? "Opportunity" clearly refers to "rental opportunity." So what is the problem, Elpanada?

The location is good and I think the rental price asked for this apartment reflects the current market in Recoleta. I know someone who had a few months rental of a similarly size place on Junin near Santa Fe over a year ago and paid US $1100. It is likely that the rent would be higher now, I don't know.

As some of those who are renting in San Telmo may not be aware, prices in Barrio Norte/Palermo/Recoleta have risen substantially over the last year or so. The rental market also reflects that rise.

If you don't want to rent it, fine. But don't attack someone for posting a notice about an apartment rental in the "Apartment Rentals and Roommates" forum. And please, folks --- quit turning EVERY THREAD into an opportunity to slam Argentina and Argentinians!

Rental opportunity?That's just idiotic, as if it was hard to find a place to rent in Buenos Aires, next we'll be talking about eating opportunities and mentioning names of different restaurants around town.There's no question that 1200 is in the high end of a reasonable range for short term rental apartments but 4 months is not a short term so this place is not on that market and is therefor way overpriced. "If you don't want to rent it fine but " But nothing I have no need to rent an overprized apartment in Buenos Aires and this is a bulletin board which a person chose to use to advertise something for rent on, what that person did by doing so was opening up the possibility that people not interested in renting it might comment about it and that is exactly what I am doing. I am not attacking anyone but I do think that using the word opportunity regarding an apartment for rent is idiotic and borderline dishonest and I think that it is even more so regarding this particular apartment since it is obviously overpriced.

You are obviously very narrow minded so I won´t bother explaining rental prices, conditions with no garantia, etc, etc Today you can grab the newspaper and reply to each ad with a letter, explaining your point of view....

What a GREAT!!! little reply, maybe I should just for the record leave my reply at " YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT NOTHING I WILL NOT WASTE ANY MORE TIME REPLYING TO YOU " BUT!!!!!!!!! I am not going to do that.Instead I am going to answer anything and everything that you said in your reply.I am not narrow minded at all I have an opinion and I am stating it, if you dislike it that's your choice but it can be argued that you yourself are narrow minded since you judge me harshly for stating my opinion without giving a detailed verdict.I also have no need for information about "rental prices, conditions with no garantia, etc" since my affairs are already in good order and won't be requiering attention any time soon.I find your attempt at belitteling me by stating that you won't be explaining things to me pathetic. You are not going to succseed in making yourself look any bigger by performing this wise rental agent vs ignorant tourists play of yours. I am not a fool that's fresh of the boat even though my opinion is not the same as yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back