Ordering a Book from Amazon

Mahara

Registered
Hi

I need an English Bird Book of Peru, which I understand people from Peru order from Amazon.com as only Spanish copies are available in Peru. Does anyone know the time frame for receiving books. We have a couple of months, but I am worried about customs.

Thanks,:)

There are indeed no fees on books. In my experience books arrive about 2 weeks after the estimated date of delivery.

Sometimes they are delivered to you door, sometimes you have to get it in Retiro.

Read about my last experience here

katti said:
There are indeed no fees on books. In my experience books arrive about 2 weeks after the estimated date of delivery.

Sometimes they are delivered to you door, sometimes you have to get it in Retiro.

Read about my last experience here

Hi Katti -- just wondering, when you've ordered have you used the Standard shipping or express? I ordered a couple of times via express but this time didn't want to pay the extra fees so now just wondering if my delivery estimate date says 8 december, should I be hoping to get notice (or with any luck receive them at my door) circa two weeks later, or was your two weeks delay based on express shipping?

Unfortunately we've got the holidays coming up, I'm patient, I'd just like the books before mid-January, but I'm hoping to get a card through at least telling me they are in Buenos Aires sometime soon.

Actually I kind of wonder if it wouldn't be better to get them in January, simply because maybe the wait at Retiro won't be quite so long! Before Christmas could be hellish!

syngirl said:
Hi Katti -- just wondering, when you've ordered have you used the Standard shipping or express? I ordered a couple of times via express but this time didn't want to pay the extra fees so now just wondering if my delivery estimate date says 8 december, should I be hoping to get notice (or with any luck receive them at my door) circa two weeks later, or was your two weeks delay based on express shipping?

Unfortunately we've got the holidays coming up, I'm patient, I'd just like the books before mid-January, but I'm hoping to get a card through at least telling me they are in Buenos Aires sometime soon.

Actually I kind of wonder if it wouldn't be better to get them in January, simply because maybe the wait at Retiro won't be quite so long! Before Christmas could be hellish!

I don't really remember what shipment I used. I would have to check on my invoice but I'm out of town right now. I think I used standard. Either way it always came about 2 weeks late.

I ordered one last week and chose the middle option - not the cheapest or most expensive. I'll let you know when it arrives.

I would do that to except I live in Canada. I would have to have the book shipped to Canada and then to South America. I get all my other mail that way though.

Lee said:
Here is what I do. I have a mail forwarding service in Miami. I have all of my mail sent there. They send me an email with a scan of the item whenever I get something in my box. I can have it all sent down here whenever I want. I have it shipped via FedEx and it arrives within 4 or 5 working days...so if I send it Monday I will have it by Friday. They deliver it to me personally at my apartment. I have used this service for years.

Here is the link. http://www.usabox.com

So...if I really want my books down here fast, I ship them next day to Miami. Once they are there I have the service ship them and I have my order from Amazon in my hands in around a week! PM if you need more details.
Lee-I use USABox as well and I'm very pleased with them, however I have never shipped Amazon books to them and then to me. Sounds great. So, you have never had any Amazon books held up in customs ?

Back