Organic Dairy, Yogurt

It is organic. The store on Julian Alverez and Solar, I think it's called GranMama (or something like that) carries La Choza yogurt as well as organic butter, etc. None of this stuff is inexpensive. But it is excellent.

T/

It is organic. The store on Julian Alverez and Solar, I think it's called GranMama (or something like that) carries La Choza yogurt as well as organic butter, etc. None of this stuff is inexpensive. But it is excellent.

T/
I buy it there too, the store is called Granomadre (easily found with Google and they are also on Facebook) and they carry several products made by La Choza. La Choza also has its own spot at El Galpon de Chacarita, but I never really checked if there was a significant price difference.

I spent my first year and a half in Argentina wandering the streets of Buenos Aires looking for organic goat's milk yogurt. Nada.

If you like yogurt the best investment is a yogurt maker. If I start a new batch I spend $10 on yogs (eat half myself) a liter of milk and two spoonfulls of powdered milk and get 7 190gm jars with my yogurt maker. So about $12 gets my 7 yogurts, and if bought 7 it would be around $70. you don´t even have to heat up the milk if you don´t have too. You can also use a thermus o a pot covered in a blanket. It is better than anything they sell.

T/

I will have to go and try! I also like Dahi, they sell it at some chinos and dieticas. It seems the most natural and best taste for yogurt that I can find more or less in a lot of locations.

I went to a food market in Mar del Plata and I found a stand of an organic farm in Chapadmalal, near Mar del Plata, called Granja La Piedra.

The lady behind counter said they sell their products in at least 3 places in Buenos Aires, but she was not able to name any because she was hired for that event, only.
They sold goat yogurt and a number of goat cheeses (ricotta, ricotta salata, gouda, etc.), plus marmalades.
The yogurt was excellent, and we chose to have it with blackberry jam as in a dessert.

For those visiting Mar del Plata, they can visit the granja and have lunch there. Details on http://granjalapiedra.com.ar/ and on their FB page.
The market I visited is at Museo del Mar, daily 18 to 23 in summer. There were other interesting stands of fiambres, quesos, dulce de leche Chimbote, ice cream made with liquid nitrogen, etc. Overall, about 20 stands, but only 3-4 worth mentioning.

Can anyone recommend a dietetica in the Palermo/Belgrano area that carries the active yogurt cultures (called 'yogur en polvo' I believe)?

I've been to many shops in the area and none carry it...

Can anyone recommend a dietetica in the Palermo/Belgrano area that carries the active yogurt cultures (called 'yogur en polvo' I believe)?

I've been to many shops in the area and none carry it...
well,i saw one that seemed very good,near avenida de los incas,in front of coto

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Expat Life 2
H Expat Life 10
camel Expat Life 3
S Expat Life 1
P Expat Life 22
Back