organic grocery store in BA?

Wyda Family

Registered
I was wondering if there is an organic grocery store in BA or a store that carries some organic food products?
Thanks

Check out talloverde for delivery, el rincon organico for a store (in Palermo), and el Galpon in chacarrita for an experience! PM me if you want more details. It takes mo effort then I the US, but it can be done. Oh, and we found a market in Belgrano where we can get organic chickens and eggs.

What is the market in Belgrano? I would love to know, please share!

The market in Belgrano isn't an Organic market but it's a store within it called La Granja at the Belgrano Market on Juramento and Ciudad de la Paz. They have free range chickens, supremas, etc.... known as "pollos de campo".

www.talloverde.com is an online delivery service of organic produce and other products. It isn't cheap but good quality and reliable.

El Rincon Organico has moved to Almagro, not Palermo. It has been remodeling the past few months and not sure if it's open yet. It was closed still when I went by a couple of weeks ago.

El Galpon is a great Organic Coop located next to the Train Station in Chacarita close to the entrance of the cemetery on Federico La Croze. They have a lot of good organic stuff including produce, dairy, bread, free range chickens, eggs, flour, pasta, etc. as well as natural non foodstuffs. Feels kind of like an oldtime coop market in the US to me. They're open on Wednesdays and Saturdays only, however. Lots of different vendors in the coop and only some take credit cards on larger orders so bring pesos.

Good luck!

Check out Casa China too in Chinatown. It is on Arribenos 1/2 a block from Juramento (by the dragon arch). They have many beans, grains, rice, soy products (milk, milanesas, cheese, mayo, etc...), almond milk, lots of wheat free products, etc... Also a great place for spices.

Jumbo now sells free range chickens at about 30 pesos/kilo. Delicious, and had very little fat/grease.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Expat Life 2
H Expat Life 10
camel Expat Life 3
S Expat Life 1
P Expat Life 22
Back