OSAMA BIN LADEN Killed by USA

citygirl said:
Maybe because the longer the dragged the process out, the more likely it would be to have repercussions?

I keep reading that it's fake and I keep pointing out that if the US wasn't sure he was dead, they would have to be awfully stupid to announce it. Pretty easy for him to refute it by releasing another video (date-stamped with todays date or later) if he is still alive no?

He is most likely not alive. It he was the CIA would have found him a long time ago.

I'm not suggesting that he's still alive and am not doubting the fact that the special forces went in and took him out.
But we live in a very suspicious world, full of conspiracies.
I just feel that the US should at least produce something to prove his death.
Pictures of a bloody bed and bedroom, whilst graphic and hideous are not enough to put the brakes on a full-on conspiracy marathon.

Agreed gringoboy but I'm pretty sure for the conspiracy theorists - nothing is ever sufficient evidence. Tis the way of the that type of people. ETA - who knows, perhaps they will release some footage but even that I would guess people will claim is doctored or a fake.

Some interesting details (if you believe the US of course;)) about the operation. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54093.html

The conspiracy nuts are going to have a field day. They could stuff him and mount him and put him on display, run every scientific test known to man proving it was him and there would still be people doubting its real. There are still people running around claiming the earth is flat, I guess this is just part of the age we live in. I think the internet is partly responsible as it has provided an easy venue to spread this type of thinking that did not exist as widely as before.

This has nothing to do with conspiracy theories. They can't just claim that they killed him without providing any proof. That's like saying they found WMD's in Iraq and then claim they destroyed them.

And yes, footage would be proof. But we have yet to see that.

And gouchobob, who is always accusing Chavez of being a dictator. I thought that in a democracy people have the right to a fair trial? But I guess that only applies when it suits you.

Probably he was killed some days ago, but it was announced only yesterday to avoid spoiling the wedding mood in England.

I am not happy with the killing...it is like a malign tumor. When you try to remove it, it ends up spreading and actually being much more harmful.
I am also dissapointed by Obama's speech. He's a Nobel peace prize winner, I would have expected something more neutral, low profile and not brandish it as an achievement of a crusader conquest. His words reminded me a lot of the speeches of George W. Bush.
I just try to imagine Mrs. Merkel saying something like that! She would be politically crucified in seconds!

The CIA should have killed Osama without saying a word. No one would know a thing about him and he would kind of get forgotten given enough time. Now you have the perfect martyr, magnified by those pathetic idiots celebrating on the streets.

Maybe is Osama in Patagonia with Hitler ?

More seriously, I wonder who will be the next "villain" because we need a "villain" in our societies.

Lee said:
True true...

It is sort of "exciting" in a sick and twisted way...
Like waiting to see who the new villain will be in the next installment of your favorite film series. :eek:

The next "villain" will be hunger in Africa, wars throughout the world, intolerance, etc. :rolleyes:

French jurist said:
Maybe is Osama in Patagonia with Hitler ?

More seriously, I wonder who will be the next "villain" because we need a "villain" in our societies.

They will have to be held to a high standard to be compared to this list.

http://listverse.com/2007/09/05/top-10-most-evil-men/

In the world today I don't see anybody of equal stature. By region:

Africa: Kadafy or Mugabe.

Europe: Don't have any candidates but they have produced more in history than anywhere else.

Western Hemisphere: Castro and Chavez come to mind. There have been a lot of petty dictators and bad guys in this area but most are small potatoes. No fair naming Bush as he isn't in office anymore.

Asia: The weird little guy that runs North Korea gets my vote, but we shouldn't forget the people who run Myramar. The folks in China don't exactly have a sterling human rights either.

Middle East: Lots and lots of authoritarian regimes take your pick, but change is in the air.

Back