OSDE 310 vs 210

syngirl

Registered
Does anyone have 310? Just wondering how much more it costs compared to 210.

They seem to be taking a lot of services away from 210 and two of my doctors have "strongly recommended" an upgrade -- which makes me think that in 2011 my doctors will probably no longer be with my plan.

Not sure if an upgrade is an option since I have coverage through my husband's company -- but if I start to lose access to my current doctors, or have to start paying and getting re-integros for everything I may consider changing and seeing if they'll just let me cover the difference.

I pay roughly $640 for OSDE 310 and I'm still on the "youth" plan (I'm 34). All the doctors and clinics available to that plan are very good, I've never been unhappy with it. Then again, it depends on how much you *need* insurance coverage (I have my own reasons) as there are other more affordable plans out there.

I just switched to OSDE 310 from Swiss Medical. The 310 vs 210 was strongly recommended to me by my doctors. Lots no longer take 210 and I couldn't go to Trinidad for example with OSDE 210 but they accept 310.

Once you are no longer in the youth category, the 310 goes from 640 to about 900 pesos a month.

Thanks -- yes seems like a lot of doctors are leaving the 210 plan... I turn 35 in June -- do you know at what age the plan changes? Thanks!

What type of services are they taking away? I have it with work but havent recieved any notifications?

The total costs for my family, spouses plus 2 kids under 7 is 1100 or so (last time I looked.!). I upgraded becuase the queues at the local hospitals taking 210 were crazy and I didnt want the kids to have to wait in emergency situations (which is once amonth with my 7 yr old who is always in scrapes). With 310 I had a lovely birth in La suiza and I can take the kids to the Otamendi for emergencies where there is a 5 min wait and great service. OSDE 210 has practically shut down in La Plata so it wouldnt suprise me if its going that way here too...sad to say as it was the original and best plan here when I arrived 6 years ago..Good luck with the decision

If you open your directory you will see every year that more and more sanatorios are being taken away, and a lot of doctors that used to be with OSDE 210 no longer accept it -- since we're coming up for the new year and 2 of my doctors separately "strongly suggested" I upgrade if economically possible, it makes me think that next year a lot more doctors will no longer be accepting 210.

There's a lot of sanatorios that used to be accepted by 210 a couple of years ago that are no longer offered. For instance, my sister-in-law on 210 had her baby a few years ago at La Trinidad in a private suite, 6 day stay, room service, lcd tv, swimming pool, etc etc and it was all fully covered. Now La Trinidad is not even on the 210 plan.

My gynecologist is 210 right now and implied since I've been with her for awhile I'll be able to continue, but the other doctors in her practice are all 310 now.

fifs2 said:
OSDE 210 has practically shut down in La Plata so it wouldnt suprise me if its going that way here too...sad to say as it was the original and best plan here when I arrived 6 years ago..Good luck with the decision

yes this is what I hear -- 210 in Provincia is basically non existent now!

It was such a fantastic plan, you're right, but unfortunately I think those days are over.

syngirl said:
Thanks -- yes seems like a lot of doctors are leaving the 210 plan... I turn 35 in June -- do you know at what age the plan changes? Thanks!

It changes when you turn 36..

dirtyauzzie said:
What type of services are they taking away? I have it with work but havent recieved any notifications?

What you may find is that it's not going to be your doctor that's taken away, but the MRIs or ecografias etc that used to be covered are now going to cost you 50 pesos etc. They are supposed to give you a factura that you take to OSDE for a reintegro, but then there is a limit to the amount of reintegros you can have in a year, so if for instance you need physical therapy, your plan may not end up covering all of your treatments now.

Back