Osde Cuotas Goes Up 7.25% From 01 Oct

Ms Lacky,

Most people here can not afford OSDE. OSDE is usally taken by the rich here or by the company who pays for the employee.

Most of my local conocidos, do not have OSDE as they can not afford it.

You and I can afford it for obvious reasons. Even then, many expats can not. This increase in OSDE prices really hurts many!
Watch the film Carancho with Ricardo Darin. It's a good start.

Seriously need to shop around. Even with corp rates, it's getting so expensive.

I don't know how they manage!

By reducing services, access to clinics, doctors, less coverage of meds etc. Maybe it doesn't affect the elite of the 410 plans but the 210s are seeing reductions in services left right and centre and the meds I've had to get for my child's allergies lately haven't had ANY coverage.

Altho I haven't seen reductions in any of my ongoing stuff yet (have 310) I'm waiting...so sad. All of it.

My husband and I have had OSDE coverage for 20 yrs, plan 310, and have been very pleased with it. We have had good care and so pleased with our doctors. Having said that, the increase will be difficult as we are long retired and on a fixed income, no raises.
Still, compared to the USA where we both have Medicare, no plan D for meds
and the high cost of care there, we are still fortunate to have such good coverage here. I worry that it will keep increasing at a steady rate and we will have to then consider cutting back on other expenses.
We live a simple life, not a lot of luxury items to eliminate.

Back