OSDE for incoming tourists

Federal is the name of her health insurance company. I called OSDE, way more helpful, said all I need is a passport. Price was close to 9000 pesos a month for the most basic plan. Is that a fair price?

What is this "Federal"? Try to walk into some insurance office and talk to them, don't call. They have a tendency to be much more flexible in person. Hospital Aleman has agent tables in public area by the cashiers windows. Their health plan is kind of oversold, but they are friendly to foreigners. Talk to them. At least you will get a better idea about options available. I don't believe it is OSDE only.
If you are under 65 Swiss Medical will cover you as well. Indeed, go to their office. In addition, it is not necessary to tell them you are only here for 2-3 months or whatever. They will cover you. They (like all of them) want your money. But, do tell them when you leave the country so you can cancel.

Price was close to 9000 pesos a month for the most basic plan. Is that a fair price?

How old is she? What kind of coverage do you expect to get?

There is an aggregator called Elegi Mejor that can give an online quote (well, at least an approximate one).

How old is she? What kind of coverage do you expect to get?

There is an aggregator called Elegi Mejor that can give an online quote (well, at least an approximate one).

This is for me, not her. I am in my late 30s. I'm fine with basic coverage for now, just for emergencies, because I have health insurance in the US via my employer and can always go to the US for anything chronic or that would require long term treatment. But I would like the option to upgrade my insurance in Argentina if I actually ever decide to go see doctors here on a regular basis or quit my job in the US and lose my health coverage.

I would say 9000 pesos for a 30 years old is way too much. OSDE is known to be on the expensive side though and maybe it is well deserved. Check with Hospital Aleman and OMINT. But again, do it in person.

I have been living in BsAs for almost 3 years now. My parents will be visiting from India for 2 months, on tourist VISA.
Does OSDE or other such health insurance providers provide insurance to such non-DNI holder tourists?

newtothegroup, are your parents over age 65?

And, what is your health insurance situation here?

Back