Osde, Medife, Or Aleman Before Getting Pregnant!?

The list of names is quite extensive, if that's of any consolation. :) And I believe exceptions can be made under certain circumstances.

http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/registrocivil/nombres/busqueda/buscador_nombres.php

Don't get your heart set on a particular hospital for giving birth. within your plan you will have access to a number of different hospitals. You obgyn will do deliveries at a number of different hospitals, some of which will be within your plan (ie you might not have access to some of the hospitals where they work because your plan is not high enough etc). So between these two factors you will end up with a choice of probably about 3 hospitals. Then what happens is that your estimated date of birth is registered with your insurance provider so that they have an estimate as to how many beds will be occupied on a certain date. You can also go above and beyond them and register yourself directly at the hospital. However, the large majority of babies, especially first babies, are not born on their due date. Unless you have a scheduled Caesarian there is no telling exactly which day your baby is coming... So on the day you go into labour, your first call is to your midwife, they set everything up for you. They will call around to the hospitals and find out who has a bed, if you're lucky, your chosen place will have a bed, but if you're not, you will give birth in a place that is of equal rank of services, but perhaps doesn't have all the perks of the one you really wanted etc. so while it's very nice to know which hospitals are in your plan, odds of delivering at your no. 1 choice are not great. Also, dont choose hospital based on free wifi, but on quality of neonatal team. And also, as someone who had a very bad birth experience with an emergency c-section I would probably advise to ask a bit about the anesthetist as well... I wouldn't want the one I had touching me again, thank you. The other piece of advice I'd give is, if you don't like your midwife (if first baby you'll meet them in the course they send you to at end) you may want to consider changing your obgyn or seeing if they have another one they use, because you'll spend a lot more time with your midwife than you will your obgyn on the day you go into labour. (my own due date was july first, I was induced July 8th, baby probably would have happily stayed in there for another few days....)

I am sure that its 2 months for the aleman, and Medfife told me its a little over 2 months, so to be cautious wait 3 months, but i never did check OSDE yet!
and congratulations citygirl!!!!!!!

Yes, that's true. But you can petition to use a name not on the list if you can prove a reason for it (cultural reference, historical reference, etc).

Do doublecheck the waiting period on the insurance though when you sign up. Good luck!

OMINT is first rate and expensive. I have heard negative reports about the British Hospital. I am not impressed with the Aleman. A friend got bed sores there which I consoder inexcusable. Instituto Argentino de Diagnostico y Tratamiento is in the OMINT group of hospitals and is very good wth some luxurious patient rooms as well.

Back