Outdoor Swimming Pools In The City?

RichardP

Registered
Preferably not Parque Norte. Many of the clubs like GEBA require membership. Are there any others that one can use by paying a daily fee besides the uber expensive hotels?

Parque Patricios has a pretty huge outdoor pool. I'm going to go tomorrow & check it out.
It's a public pool so it's pretty cheap. The H subway line stops right in the park so it's easy access.
Also various bus lines drive by on Ave. Caseros. # 9, 28, 65, etc.

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=131421&image=808923659&images=808923659&formats=0&format=0&lgdin=1

We spent the day in Parque Norte and it wasn't too bad. The weekend must be a mob scene though. Forget about doing anything but getting wet as the pools are very crowded and you won't get in more than a couple of strokes before bumping into someone.
90 pesos to get in plus 35 for umbrella rental and 35 for a lounge chair. Bring your own food because it's expensive and the typical greasy fare.

I went to the Parque Patricios pool today & was told the same thing. It's only open to adults from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM. during the week. There's a summer camp for kids during the day.
On weekends it's open to everybody till 7 PM. The fee is $35 Pesos during the week & $25 on weekends. Or maybe it's the other way around.
The pool is huge & looked very clean. There's a deep pool at the back for swimmers. No alcohol allowed at the pool. There's a concession stand there were you can buy snacks & soft drinks. No beer. You need to bring a lock to store your stuff. I might check it out tomorrow.

Back