Outgoing flight available by way of Ethiopian Airlines for this Saturday April 11.

Of course they are. PLAY TIME IS OVER. Argentina is going into survival mode. A lot of ExPats come from stronger countries that offer a better quality of life to ride this storm out. In times of crisis, the mega economies of the first world are the superior havens.

Of course they are. PLAY TIME IS OVER. Argentina is going into survival mode. A lot of ExPats come from stronger countries that offer a better quality of life to ride this storm out. In times of crisis, the mega economies of the first world are the superior havens.
Right! Like the US?

Yes, indeed, obviously I can imagine that many now might feel like leaving Argentina is a better idea than riding it out in times of uncertainty. But do expats here actually know long-term expats who have left? For good, because of coronavirus?

Do expats who have stayed really feel like they have the option to leave at this point? Seems like the window has pretty much closed.

Yes, indeed, obviously I can imagine that many now might feel like leaving Argentina is a better idea than riding it out in times of uncertainty. But do expats here actually know long-term expats who have left? For good, because of coronavirus?

Do expats who have stayed really feel like they have the option to leave at this point? Seems like the window has pretty much closed.
In fact, the situation here is a lot better than in the United State, Spain, Italy.

Thanks but no thanks the USA is handling this very poorly I will hang in the URU beach house the US will never get a handle on this now, over 400 K cases try to trace the contacts on that number. Not going to happen. Miss the ARG family deeply concerned but hunkered in URU for at least a year. Besides I can surfering or fishing right across the sreet with zero social distancing issues.

Does it seem like long-term expats in Argentina are leaving in droves? I’ve gotten the impression that many felt safer in Argentina at first, but maybe not as much now. Do members here know many who have left?
Maybe the flight was canceled due to lack of demand? Good luck getting a refund. I’m stuck with a flight credit on Copa that I may never be able to use...they have suspended operations at least until April 21.
I'd recommend checking out this site that models peak hospital utilization in locales in the USA and Europe. You don't want to go back at the peak obviously (For example going to NYC now is pure madness). I've been looking at the flights in May and June which are changing constantly. Yesterday it was $500 to Sacramento and through NYC today it is $900 and through Miami. I'm just going to monitor the projected peak usage and play it by ear. Even though Argentina has a history of military dictatorships, the military has been emasculated so there is a remote chance of pure Mad Max chaos...

http://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/oregon

Back