Overnight fee to be charged to foreign tourists

Ran across this yesterday:

Not so much about the tourist tax, but rather how difficult it can be for visitors here who really want to spend money to do so.

Ran across this yesterday:

Not so much about the tourist tax, but rather how difficult it can be for visitors here who really want to spend money to do so.

Your post should have been made as a separate thread.

Apologies! Thank you for the correction.
I understand Gracielle's point of view and it is one shared by quite a lot of people, but not by me. I enjoy threads that wander via stream of conciousness from one topic to another and I learn all sorts of things as a result. For instance, coming where it did, your interjection came at exactly the right point to provoke my interest enough to go and read the linked article and I'm glad that I did. Thank you.

The solution I like is to create a new thread, and then mention it in the original thread with a link.

Some questions.
Where is this tax charged? At the hotel?
What about people who don’t stay at hotels? Are they exempt from the tax, or are they required to pay it at least in theory?
Re the low rate - once it’s established, expect it to rise.

The solution I like is to create a new thread, and then mention it in the original thread with a link.
In my opinion, a cleaner option would be for JeffR to send a PM to the forum admin requesting that his post be deleted from the original thread.
Then JeffR can go ahead and create a new thread that could be titled "How Much Does A Dollar Cost?" and post the link to the Forbes article.

Some questions.
Where is this tax charged? At the hotel?
What about people who don’t stay at hotels? Are they exempt from the tax, or are they required to pay it at least in theory?
Re the low rate - once it’s established, expect it to rise.
I surmise we will have to wait until the regulations that make it operational are published officially.
The new tax created will be applied as of March 1 (the law in general also takes effect on that date), which generates the time necessary to dictate the regulations that make it operational.
I agree with your observation re: expect those rates to rise.

Back