Overstay Fee Question (I Know I Know :).....

jcarter

Registered
Hello! I know I am beating a dead horse here and I have searched the forums but there doesn't seem to be a clear answer.

Can anybody explain to me the current overstay fee and how to pay it at the airport?

I was supposed to leave in July but leaving tomorrow. (August 8) and just want to make sure I understand correctly I can go to EZE tomorrow morning before my flight, pay and leave and be ok to return in the future?

I've read some places, I should have paid already, but other places I can pay when I exit.

Help!

Thank you,
Justin

I think you can still pay it at the airport, but if I were you, I would go do that today, or get there tomorrow six hours early.

The normal procedure is to pay upon exit. Costs 1500 pesos per person.
You go to the migraciones office to the right of the check-in counters, they give you the papers, then you go to Banco Nacion, pay, and get said papers stamped.

Be early to the airport - at every step of the way, they take their merry time. Especially if you're with kids, come early.
I have a client who was flying last night at midnight, came to the airport at 6 pm, and was the last person on the plane.

Alternatively, you can go to Ezeiza or Aeroparque within 10 days of flying and have it over with, BUT DO NOT let on that you're not actually flying that day. Another client of mine did this, told the people in Aeroparque he's flying tomorrow, and they refused to serve him - come back tomorrow, it will take 10 minutes. He did that, came 3 hours before the flight, and would have missed his flight but for that the people in line allowed him to cut in front.

You would probably have to be a habitual offender to worry about being denied entry in future. When paying for the fourth time, I was treated to a lecture/warning.

Can anybody explain to me the current overstay fee and how to pay it at the airport?

I was supposed to leave in July but leaving tomorrow. (August 8) and just want to make sure I understand correctly I can go to EZE tomorrow morning before my flight, pay and leave and be ok to return in the future?

I've read some places, I should have paid already, but other places I can pay when I exit.

Yes, you can pay the $1500 pesos overstay fees at the airport but it isn't necessary to go all the way to EZE today. Nonetheless you should go early!

This thread was started four days ago: Long Overstay (11 Months) Advice
[background=rgb(233, 233, 233)] [/background]

Yes, you will be OK to return in the future.

Thank you everybody! Luckily my flight isn't until 9pm so i have all day to do it tomorrow.

Your replies are very appreciated. Best to you all.

Back