Overstay fine at Ezeiza

ghost said:
You should be able to enter and exit Argentina on your US passport. Some rules have changed. You will not have to pay the $131USD entry fee when returning because they waive that for Argentine nationals carrying a US passport. As they do regarding "overstay fees".
Two weeks ago a friend was in a similar situation with an expired AR passport , so she simply used the US passport for entry and exit. No problems.

That's great news. I've just arrived in Colonia - at the Buquebus terminal I asked the immigration officials if I could leave with my DNI and enter Uruguay with my US passport. They could not think of a reason to say no, so I did that. In a month I'll re-enter Arg. with the passport, so I'll be technically there and will be able to travel with that passport as I've always done.

I asked about overstay fines. It is Arg. 300, regardless of the length of the overstay.

SaraSara,
I had to pay the fine recently at Ezeiza, and had no problems.

I have a UK passport and a DNI with permanent residency.
Last year we travelled to the UK and as normal I only carry a photocopy of my DNI in case the original gets lost or stolen. At the airport I was told that you should always leave with your orig DNI. I managed to get through, but it was another lesson learned.

Thanks for the information - I'm used to traveling only with the US passport, but rules change all the time. This time I'll carry my DNI as well.

Back