Overstaying 90-day limit

I don't know the specific fine, but others here will. There is plenty of information about this issue on other threads. I think the bottom line is the the fine is quite low per day, but starts to add up, the longer your overstay is. There is also plenty of information on other threads about how wise or not it is to overstay, and how you would need to behave (i.e., keep a low profile and don't go in person to Migraciones), if you found yourself past your date.

I think the evidence from the past has been that overstaying twice has not precluded anyone from gaining entry a third time. But let's also remember that there is no guarantee, anywhere in the world, that countries will be opening up their borders any time soon, that commercial aircraft will be flying between countries any time soon, and that private passenger airlines will even continue exist. Travel, as we have known it up until now, is one of the assumptions in life that we may need to start questioning, at least for the next year or two. Whether or not we have a record of visa infringements in the past is probably not the main issue now to be worrying about in terms of a hypothetical future return to Argentina.
I've paid the overstay fee dating back to when it was only 300 pesos. And all the times I paid it, it was a set amount regardless of the number of days you over stay.

How can I go about paying the fee if I am flying out of Cordoba? It seems like it can't be paid at the airport, will I have problems if I pay at migraciones within 10 days of my flight?

How can I go about paying the fee if I am flying out of Cordoba? It seems like it can't be paid at the airport, will I have problems if I pay at migraciones within 10 days of my flight?
You can pay the fine at the local migraciones office.

I'm so confused about this. I overstayed, but with COVID- it my tourist visa kept getting extended. I've done my research without any clear cut answers. Does anyone know when they stopped extending? I'm due to leave at the very end of December to head back to the US. Not sure what to do at this point. I contacted the US Embassy who referred me to a website that is old. Help?

I'm so confused about this. I overstayed, but with COVID- it my tourist visa kept getting extended. I've done my research without any clear cut answers. Does anyone know when they stopped extending? I'm due to leave at the very end of December to head back to the US. Not sure what to do at this point. I contacted the US Embassy who referred me to a website that is old. Help?

Don't sweat it. As long as they keep extending the cuarentena your visa is valid. As we are in Argentina --- the country where authorities hate long-term planning and security -- everything is done on makeshift bases, month-to-month, hence the ridiculous reauthorization of residencies and visas every 30 days. The current extension expires on 18 November, and it's almost certain it will be extended by 30 more days. So about mid-Dec. I do think the last extension will probably be in December, thru mid-January. Just my guess. So you will be okay when you leave. However, if they stop extending these BEFORE you leave, just pay the fine at the airport before you leave, unless you have overstated 2 times before, there won't be any consequences next time you reenter.

Last edited:
P.S. I suspect, the payment of the penalty fee for overstaying will be done entirely online once the borders are reopen.

Don't sweat it. As long as they keep extending the cuarentena your visa is valid. As we are in Argentina --- the country where authorities hate long-term planning and security -- everything is done on makeshift bases, month-to-month, hence the ridiculous reauthorization of residencies and visas every 30 days. The current extension expires on 18 November, and it's almost certain it will be extended by 30 more days. So about mid-Dec. I do think the last extension will probably be in December, thru mid-January. Just my guess. So you will be okay when you leave. However, if they stop extending these BEFORE you leave, just pay the fine at the airport before you leave, unless you have overstated 2 times before, there won't be any consequences next time you reenter.
Thank you so much I really appreciate your input

Is there any way to renew a tourist visa now?

If I plan to leave the country, how should I proceed with immigration, given that my visa has expired?

Back