Overstaying 90-day limit

Im in the same boat was literally about to by a ticket to Uruguay 2 days ago when it all started kicking off.
The reason i dont like over staying is i have done it multiple times now and was told once that if I keep doing it it could cause problems coming back in.. though I never have had any issues.
But With the way everything is now Im not risking leaving until I return home.
Where is home doubleup_dan?

Thanks! I am here until the end of June with my three children, I have 180 days and they have 90, we arrived at the end of January. I was going to go to Uruguay for the day rather than deal with the bureaucracy, but as I would have to go the first weekend of April, I am unsure (in light of worldwide events) what the situation as far as leaving the country will be like, so I am wondering if I should just pay the fine on our way out.
I think you should just wait and pay the fine on your way out. Traveling right now is not a good idea anyway. Exception is a one way trip back home ASAP to ride out this crisis in your home country, that is only if you can arrange an early return with your airline which could be almost impossible to do at this point. Otherwise, I would stay here, take all the precautions, and ride it out with the rest of Argentina. At this point we are all Argentinians.

A Facebook group I am on is saying that if you email Migraciones with your passport page, stamp and explanation, that you can get some type of waiver. But this is probably not applicable for tourists visas. If I'm reading correctly the offices are closed until April 1st but maybe you can get a waiver by email. They give the email but I'd recommend visiting the site: https://www.argentina.gob.ar/interior/migraciones

On the migraciones website it says that you can renew your residence precaria via email because of the virus, but I don't see anything about tourists being able to extend their visa via email. And the offices are closed until April 1.

Hello.

Thanks for all information here.

I entered BA at Feb 17 and got 90 days visitor visa.
It means I should leave early of May.

I wonder anybody extended the tourist visa by sending a email to immigation (above mentioned)
because of corona virus.

I want to travel to New Zealand unfortunately they closed the border at a moment so I need more time and stay here.

Please share your experience.

Take care all of you.

Thank you.

This is a very good question for which I, at least, do not have an answer, but certainly an interest. The original advice was to send the email. That was seemingly superceded by a disposicion issued by Migraciones saying all visas due to expire between March 17 and April 15 had been automatically extended for 30 days, but with no word on visas due to expire beyond April 15.

Nothing appears on the Migraciones website at the moment that updates the disposicion.

The matter is of concern for anyone here as a tourist, on a precaria, or a temporary resident whose current expiry date falls after April 15.

(Regarding going on to New Zealand, that country plans to not simply flatten the curve, but instead erradicate the virus completely before it has a chance to take hold: there was a NYTimes article about this a few days ago. New Zealand is unlikely to open its borders to anyone, let alone travelers, for 12 months or more. Indeed I doubt most countries will be permitting travel in the way we have previously understood it for the forseeable future. The idea is that, if we can, each of us goes to whereever we call home. If we can't travel home, or if we simply have no fixed abode, then the idea I guess is to hunker down for the long haul wherever we happen to be. For people in that situation in Argentina, it is important to know how Migraciones will handle expiring tourist visas, precarias, and residencias while ever the borders remain shut, a situation that is likely to continue for months. )

This is a very good question for which I, at least, do not have an answer, but certainly an interest. The original advice was to send the email. That was seemingly superceded by a disposicion issued by Migraciones saying all visas due to expire between March 17 and April 15 had been automatically extended for 30 days, but with no word on visas due to expire beyond April 15.

Nothing appears on the Migraciones website at the moment that updates the disposicion.

The matter is of concern for anyone here as a tourist, on a precaria, or a temporary resident whose current expiry date falls after April 15.

(Regarding going on to New Zealand, that country plans to not simply flatten the curve, but instead erradicate the virus completely before it has a chance to take hold: there was a NYTimes article about this a few days ago. New Zealand is unlikely to open its borders to anyone, let alone travelers, for 12 months or more. Indeed I doubt most countries will be permitting travel in the way we have previously understood it for the forseeable future. The idea is that, if we can, each of us goes to whereever we call home. If we can't travel home, or if we simply have no fixed abode, then the idea I guess is to hunker down for the long haul wherever we happen to be. For people in that situation in Argentina, it is important to know how Migraciones will handle expiring tourist visas, precarias, and residencias while ever the borders remain shut, a situation that is likely to continue for months. )
Thank you so much for reply.
Can I ask one

I am appreciated your reply. It is so helpful.

Let me ask one more question. How much the fine for overstaying i need to pay at airport when I leave.

I already did it last year and payed 4,500 pesos so If I do it again it will be a second times.

Is there any problem if i visit again BA in the future after two times overstaying?

Thank you.

I don't know the specific fine, but others here will. There is plenty of information about this issue on other threads. I think the bottom line is the the fine is quite low per day, but starts to add up, the longer your overstay is. There is also plenty of information on other threads about how wise or not it is to overstay, and how you would need to behave (i.e., keep a low profile and don't go in person to Migraciones), if you found yourself past your date.

I think the evidence from the past has been that overstaying twice has not precluded anyone from gaining entry a third time. But let's also remember that there is no guarantee, anywhere in the world, that countries will be opening up their borders any time soon, that commercial aircraft will be flying between countries any time soon, and that private passenger airlines will even continue exist. Travel, as we have known it up until now, is one of the assumptions in life that we may need to start questioning, at least for the next year or two. Whether or not we have a record of visa infringements in the past is probably not the main issue now to be worrying about in terms of a hypothetical future return to Argentina.

Back