Overstaying 90-day limit

Check out this page: Habilitación de Salida

Disposición DNM Nº 899/2013 says that the fine is payable in cash only at Banco de la Nacion or via "Provincia Pagos".

Find out working hours of Banco de la Nacion at Ezeiza terminal A. According to their web site phone number is 4480-0542. I believe it is supposed to work 24/7, but please call them to make sure.

You will have to stand in line twice in the immigration office (to get a payment form and to show them a payment confirmation) and once in the Banco de la Nacion. These are general lines, so YMMV greatly.

Does that page say that you can also just incur a debt that you'd have to repay online (by credit card) before re-entering the country? My friend would prefer to pay with card, whichever way, because she finds it cumbersome to deal in cash.

Does that page say that you can also just incur a debt that you'd have to repay online (by credit card) before re-entering the country?

Only if you buy a ticket through a border crossing that is not habilitated to assess this fine.

My friend would prefer to pay with card, whichever way, because she finds it cumbersome to deal in cash.

Tell your friend we are all very sorry here that she finds it so inconvenient.

Only if you buy a ticket through a border crossing that is not habilitated to assess this fine.

Tell your friend we are all very sorry here that she finds it so inconvenient.

I'm not sure you're correct! I did overstay my visa once many years ago and when I left for Uruguay with Buquebus, I paid them directly in cash, not through the Bank. I also think they must accept credit card even if they don't encourage it. Otherwise, what would happen if someone leaving simply didn't have the cash to pay?

Actually this is an interesting question. What happens if someone doesn't have either a) the cash to pay or b) the money to pay? Will they not let them leave the country? Or what?

I believe it’s true that they do not take credit cards. Since it is supposed to be a government related payment (a fine of sorts) credit is not usually an acceptable means to pay this type of thing in many countries. The payment center is usually by a mini bank stand/cashpoint allowing you to take out money if needed.

Actually this is an interesting question. What happens if someone doesn't have either a) the cash to pay or b) the money to pay? Will they not let them leave the country? Or what?

They can arrest you and deport you.

As always i am late to the show as i don’t read this site daily. with that said, why was the airline looking for my entry stamp? it was in january. i told them to just use the previous september entry. they refused. told me where immigration was to clearr it up before issuing my ticket. for reference, it was united airlines. does immigration require the airlines to verify the entry stamp? thanks in advance

In some cases the airlines are a lot stricter than customs, if they don’t follow the exact rules for entry/exit and are audited they face steep fines (100k or more)

Back