Overstaying 90-day limit

Does anyone know if the overstay fee can be paid at EZE by credit card? If not, does currency matter (ARS vs USD?)
Thanks!

Hello.

Thanks for information always.

I wonder the fine is still 4500 pesos under 2 years overstaying. Because the pesos has been dropped a lot recently.

Thanks again.

Hello.

Thanks for information always.

I wonder the fine is still 4500 pesos under 2 years overstaying. Because the pesos has been dropped a lot recently.

Thanks again.

Haven't heard otherwise, but you can check the migraciones website if you want to know for sure.

PS: The monthly income requirement for the visa rentista is still only $30.000 ppm and that hasn't changed since the peso was about 15 to one, but the overstay fee tends to increase more often (perhaps twice in the past five years?).

Like many people I overstayed my 90 day visa as I was happy to pay the 4500 peso. However when I the border into Brasil at Iguazú I was told I couldn't pay at the border, I needed to pay online. I was given a document, sent on my way to Brasil and advise to pay online.
Once I logged in it said I needed to pay 15000 peso as I left the country without paying my fee. When in fact I was still in the country when they gave me the documents regarding my fine.
If I was told I would be charged this much I would've paid the fee of 4500 before I left.
I tried to enter back into Argentina after two weeks in Brasil but was denied entry until I pay 15000 peso.
My main backpack is in Argentina as I was going to Salta and then Bolivia.
Anyone have any advice?

Like many people I overstayed my 90 day visa as I was happy to pay the 4500 peso. However when I the border into Brasil at Iguazú I was told I couldn't pay at the border, I needed to pay online. I was given a document, sent on my way to Brasil and advise to pay online.
Once I logged in it said I needed to pay 15000 peso as I left the country without paying my fee. When in fact I was still in the country when they gave me the documents regarding my fine.

Did the documents migraciones gave you regarding paying the fine indicate it would be $4500 if you paid while still in Argentina and $15000 if you left without paying?

If I was told I would be charged this much I would've paid the fee of 4500 before I left.
I tried to enter back into Argentina after two weeks in Brasil but was denied entry until I pay 15000 peso.
My main backpack is in Argentina as I was going to Salta and then Bolivia.
Anyone have any advice?

If your backpack and it's contents are worth more than $15000 it will be less costly (and less time consuming) to pay the fine and retrieve it, rather than replacing it and it's contents.

PS: You will never be able to you enter Argentina again without paying the fine. It never goes away.

Did the documents migraciones gave you regarding paying the fine indicate it would be $4500 if you paid while still in Argentina and $15000 if you left without paying?

If your backpack and it's contents are worth more than $15000 it will be less costly (and less time consuming) to pay the fine and retrieve it, rather than replacing it and it's contents.

There was no price on there. I just assumed it was 4500 for over staying. But instead they put me in the category of leaving without paying. Which isn't right.

Can you upload a picture without your personal info?

Last edited:
Back