Palermo - new to the area!

justgirl90

Registered
Hi everyone!

I have literally just arrived in BA this morning with the intention or staying 6 months and finding some work. I am staying in Palermo Hollywood and am looking for others in my situation - broken Spanish and excellent at getting lost! I would love to meet up with you if you're new to the area as well and want a companion to work out the menus and where is good to go, and practise Spanish! Or, someone who is willing to spare some knowledge... in exchange for... cafe, cervezas or un amigo! I am a 21 yr old from Australia.

Ash

Hello! I am a graduate student from the US doing research here for three weeks. I just arrived on Thursday afternoon. I'm also staying in Palermo Hollywood and would love to hang out and do some exploring with someone else! I've been traveling (in Chile) on my own for over four weeks now and I'm feeling a bit starved for social interactions. Let's meet up sometime!

Hi Ash,

Just arrived in Palermo Hollywood as well (2 weeks ago) so no knowledge to share, but a beer, why not?! ;)

Mauricio

I'm going to see the St Paddy's day Parade with Flashyashi (and possibly others). It's at 6 i believe, so it might be an idea to go around like 3 or 4, grab some empanadas, and play tourist in the area before the Parade & Beer starts? Let me know if you want to join, i'll give you the details.

yes today is a great idea to go downtown for st patrick`s day you should all go

Hey all! Just saw this now. I did end up celebrating St Paddys though! Me and a few flatmates went downtown to see the parade but we must have missed it go by. Ended up watching irish dancers instead and heading to the pub instead haha. They know how to celebrate here thats for sure :p

Hello! I'm a 21 year old girl from Australia as well.. Have been in Buenos Aires for a couple of months and looking to make some long-term friends.. All the people I met at the start through my Spanish school have moved on travelling or back to their countries. Also haven't been very successful with work as yet so still have a lot of free time on my hands.. If you're keen to catch up? I also live in Palermo Soho, really close to Plaza Serrano.. Cheers :)

Back