What's It Like To Live In Palermo Soho? (Vs Other Areas)

polostar88

Registered
I never lived there but I'm sure some of you have. I only know the nightlife around Plaza Armenia, Plaza Serrano and Palermo Hollywood and so on. I've been there very few times during the day. It didn't seem impressive during the day. More important though, I'm curious about the quality of life actually living there. How convenient is it, what are neighbors and streets like day to day. Are there good gyms...there don't seem to be any that I know of and I don't want to walk for 30 minutes to get to one. How would you rate living there vs. living in, say, Recoleta or Palermo parks/Libertador area. The place I'm looking at is at the Paraguay street latitude, which makes me more reluctant because it seems like it's not even quite in the middle of the nightlife area, which would be the main advantage of living there I suppose.

Also, is it worth it living in the middle of the Palermo Hollywood nightlife area (close to Frank's/Niceto club etc.)

Thanks.

Many expats like Palermo Soho (maybe the younger ones) and feel it's safe there. They feel safe because there are a lot of people at night around Plaza Serrano. I find it a little depressing. I wound not mind going there to dine, but I am not impressed by the broken sidewalk, run down buildings(almost every building needs a paint job), dog shit. But if I were 25 years old, I probably would look at it differently,

" , say, Recoleta or Palermo parks/Libertador area"

I would be happy to live in the above area, way better, probably the best, for me. Maybe it's not so exciting, but I like the CLEANER streets, nice parks and nicely dressed people. If I have to be entertained, i can go to a different barrio. Most of the apts on Libertador are big, not many on the rental market.
If I have a choice, I would rather live on the other side of the Santa Fe, not the Paraguay side. Just 3-4 blocks away, Arenales/Juncal section gives a different vibe.

I for one don't feel safe in Palermo soho. Some nice bars and clubs but you couldn't pay me to live there

I mostly lived on the other side of Santa Fe from Palermo Soho, but passed through there/hung out frequently. To live within the area of Thames/Scalabrini Ortiz and Honduras/Gorriti would be like living in a shopping mall. During the weekend day its hard to even walk down the street.

Also, I was robbed when I lived for a few months on Honduras and Borges. I wouldn't consider it a dangerous neighborhood, but you have to be careful. I'm sure it was an inside job involving the Portero and/or someone else in the building.

Palermo Soho................it has to be a joke. How many Palermos can the Realtor'cites invent. Next we'll have Palermo Gangnum and Bel Aire Palermo

Palermo Soho................it has to be a joke. How many Palermos can the Realtor'cites invent. Next we'll have Palermo Gangnum and Bel Aire Palermo

That would be really funny. I"ve seen real estate websites advertising apartments in Palermo Brooklyn.

Back