Pan Dulce Don't You Think The Prices Are A Bit Crazy?

... it's also a good absorbent material if you perhaps didn't have enough buckets to go around after treating the family to pionono, Vital Tony and ensalada rusa.
you are evil pauper! :D

I remember one of my first Christmases in Argentina, I was served a plate with Vitel Tone, Matambre casero and Ensalada Rusa. I was so grossed out by the smell and piles of fishy mayonnaise that I pretended I was ill and couldn't eat! While Pan Dulce is not my favorite, I have eaten some good Pan Dulce, with lots of nuts fruit and must be made with agua de azahar to taste authentic.

listen anything beats the typical czech xmas dinner
fried carp and cold potato salad!
i love a good pan dulce with tons of ingredients but as i said i have the stollen i bought in germany!

... it's also a good absorbent material if you perhaps didn't have enough buckets to go around after treating the family to pionono, Vital Tony and ensalada rusa.

Made me laugh.... :D :D :D :D :D Vital Tony ??? I thought it was a product from Supermercados VITAL,,, A tony?

Vitel Toné /Vitello Tonnarto

Vitel-thone.jpg

Jumbo Pan Dulce $90 per kilo not Pannetone Motta though..!

Buy the Pan Dulce after Jan 5th... ! 2x1 at the Chino for 20 bucks and cheaper thereafter.

Ah, the Argentine version of a fruit cake. :p

A good quality fruit cake can run you about $30 or much more USD. 200 pesos seems reasonable.

Prices in general have gotten crazy... spent 200 pesos for a coffee + orange juice + medialunas breakfast for 2 the other day. :p It made me feel better about my Christmas shopping spending when I thought about it in terms of how many "breakfast out." :p

Good fruit cake and pan dulce do exist in the dimension of the universe.

I found Panettone in a high end supermarket on the Upper East Side of NYC today for US$25, which made me think that AR$200 was a bit too much, considering how overpriced NYC supermarkets can be! I personally dislike both Panettone and pan dulce, but since we are hosting an group of Argentines for Christmas Eve up here, Panettone will be served. I will stick to cheesecake for the desert portion of the evening. :)

Back